Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X raffle - 2017 75D - Tickets $75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Friends!
One last bump, a week to go to grab tickets for this wonderful Model X!
Tickets:
1 for $75
5 for $350
10 for $675.

Raffle - Waldorf School of the Peninsula

upload_2017-10-18_8-55-7.png

For more info on the school, and wonderful pictures of student work: Waldorf School ofthe Peninsula (@waldorfpeninsula) • Instagram photos and videos

Got an email of another delay!

Hmmm. Is this a scam?

Hi Stan, no, its not, however I understand this is frustrating:/ I have bought tickets myself and was looking forward to the drawing last night.
Unfortunately the school is slightly beholden to the vehicle donors' wishes, and since they have not released the title of the vehicle there isn't much the school can do.
If you wish you can ask for a full refund, although I do hope you consider holding out until Nov 15th.
Previously any raffles the school had were done with vehicles donated by local dealerships, so the details were slightly better worked out, this is the first time they have had such a valuable item donated by a family of the school. This will be a wonderful contribution to the schools' fundraising efforts, and we are grateful for all the participation!

Hi, @Bay_Area_Fan,

I'm sympathetic to the effort required to operate a raffle. :)

But I'm curious about one point: what was the rationale for the school (i.e., the person or people operating the raffle) not to require the vehicle title to be released to them prior to kicking off the raffle?

Also: since the school seems like a good cause, if I buy a ticket, or tickets, and I were to be fortunate enough to win, would I have an option to take a cash-equivalent prize? Or could I at least donate the prize somewhere -- although I'm trying to think through what the tax consequences would be of owing taxes on the prize but then getting some kind of deduction for the donation... doesn't feel like it nets out even-steven :). I'm asking because I'm a big Tesla fan and a serial Model S owner and hold 2 reservations for a Model 3 but feel no desire to own an SUV, even Tesla's. :)

Thanks,
Alan

@RVD98072, right you are: $60K instead of the car. Less 28% withholding, which is the winner's responsibility, which I assume can just be deducted from the prize leaving a nice net check of $43,200. Taking the X75D is definitely a better deal! As long as you're planning to drive it.

But I don't understand @Bay_Area_Fan's comment about "holding out until November 15th". I just looked at the website, and then drilled down to the detailed rules and regs, and both pages say October 25 or until 6000 tickets are sold, whichever comes first. According to both, the raffle was to be held on the 25th, with notification on the 26th, and some firm language about the winner(s) having to respond quickly.

I can't find anything on the website about the date changing and can't find anything about that in this thread either.

@Bay_Area_Fan, can you please clarify? Also, what is your relationship to the school and the raffle?

I'm up for a ticket or two if the raffle is still underway.

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. @Bay_Area_Fan - Can I fill out the form and send the info in via email? I don't do FAX any more! Thanks.

Hi @Pollux , @RVD98072 ,
Will attempt to address all your questions:) let me know if I missed any..

Correct, there is a cash option if you don't want to take the car, but like you said, the car would be a better value choice. the caveat there is that the winner would need to pay the taxes on the vehicle, so if someone didn't have the cash handy to pay the taxes and registration etc then they could take the cash option.

I just sent an email to the development person to get the date on the website updated. the drawing has been moved to Nov 15th and tickets are still available, the website should reflect that shortly.

The easiest option is to fill out the form here, and then the development person will give you a call for the final credit card details. unfortunately some obscure California law does not allow us to take payment directly online:/
Raffle - Waldorf School of the Peninsula

The point about obtaining the title, I don't know enough about to explain accurately, other than what was in the email that went out to ticket holders saying that the family had not released the title to the school at this time.

My association is as an alumna of the school, I attended K-8 and then went to the San Francisco Waldorf high school (since WSP didn't have a HS when I graduated, they have since just graduated their 6th HS class I believe). I still know many of the teachers and used to babysit some of the students that are now graduating and going to college! I also try go back every year for the Holiday Faire, which is a wonderful event with crafts, games, food and gifts, coming up first week in December! (just another shameless plug:) but it is a great event for family and kids) Annual Holiday Faire - Waldorf School of the Peninsula

I filled out a form online this morning. Supposedly I'll be getting a call for my credit card info but didn't get a call yet.

I already have a 100D on order to be picked up next week so I don't need the car but I doubt I'll win anyway so I see this as more of a donation.

If I do win...we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

RVD.

I filled out a form online this morning. Supposedly I'll be getting a call for my credit card info but didn't get a call yet.

I already have a 100D on order to be picked up next week so I don't need the car but I doubt I'll win anyway so I see this as more of a donation.

If I do win...we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

RVD.

Hi RVD, just realized you are located in Washington? the raffle is only available for California residents, (something about not having to conform to multiple diff state raffle rules/laws). if you have someone in CA that would be willing to go into the raffle on your behalf then you could transfer the title afterward, but otherwise this would only work for CA residents, sorry about not noticing sooner! I had posted in the California forum for this reason.

Hey, no problem.

I actually live (own a home, etc.) and work in the bay area (CA) since Sept 2016. However, I used to live in WA and my drivers license is still a WA drivers license. Maybe that's a problem?

In fact, we may work at the same company because I saw this raffle in our internal email list at work before but I suppose there are likely many people who went to this school in the bay area.

Hey, no problem.

I actually live (own a home, etc.) and work in the bay area (CA) since Sept 2016. However, I used to live in WA and my drivers license is still a WA drivers license. Maybe that's a problem?

In fact, we may work at the same company because I saw this raffle in our internal email list at work before but I suppose there are likely many people who went to this school in the bay area.

oh perfect, then you are eligible (its based on residency, not licence. although the friendly folks at the DMV might want you to have a CA licence to register it, but I'm not certain on that..). have you still not heard back from the development/raffle crew? I can poke them to make sure they received your online submission, when I did it they called me later that afternoon. I believe there was also an auto email that went out after the initial submission with some contact info if you wanted to reach out directly.

yea, there are plenty of alumni still in the area working at various companies, also I think a lot of parents have been helping to share the raffle through their company communities as well.