Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Reservation for sale ($5k)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: Tesla called me today and told me that a spot opened up and I can take delivery for the 90P or 90D by the end of this month (03/16). It's ready to configure to your specs.

If you are serious and interested PM.

What part of NOT TRANSFERRABLE do you not understand? Do you think you are the only one who got that call? All one has to do is reserve today and the design studio will be open to you within a week and if you order a P90D or 90D you'll get a VIN quick and they seem to be hitting their production stride given the number of people reporting that they have a VIN and a DS who indicates a March delivery.

It seems a number of people in California are getting the call -- reservation holders, especially early reservations and a few Signature reservations who have yet to configure. And it seems to be for 90D's, not P90D's. I think Tesla is pushing through an initial run of 90D's to get the kinks worked out and with the timing on CA tax incentives expiring as well as keeping delivery destinations close for end of Q1 timing as well as service proximity, it makes sense. For those who are on the fence or not sure because they may not otherwise know when their car might show up, this is a great offer. If they're lucky enough to get that call. OTOH, I think a lot of reservation holders have yet to commit because they want to really see the car before placing the order.

As for selling/ transferring reservations... We're still talking about that? As pointed out, can't do it. Not worth it anyway. Anyone can order now. And with the number of VINs getting assigned the past few days, I think the production floodgates are about to open. Or at least I hope so... I just want my car.

Some people are trying to milk the cow after its dead. They only see the $ signs. [emoji19] Everyone who ordered was assigned a VIN today. Production and deliveries will now happen based on config for the most part.

As discussed in another thread, the CVRP rebate income limits probably have little impact on most buyers.
By which you mean that most Tesla buyers in California are over the max income limit anyway right? I agree generally. I wouldn't have cancelled our Model S based on the revocation of the CA rebate but if configuring one week earlier meant I'd get an extra $2500 back I'd sure accelerate my schedule.

The factor that did actually push me over the edge to ordering was a call like that where they offered me an immediate spot in the production line so I wouldn't have to wait as long. While it sucked for people who were patiently waiting their turn, it made business sense from Tesla's point of view and it contributed to my placement of an order.

I know a few Tesla owners who make joint less than $500k so I didn't think it would affect demand. Maybe the Model T demographic is different but for what it's worth I am below that limit.
I'm not really even sure if the effect of the CA rebate limit is merely a function of household income. Plenty of people who make more than $500k still value their money on a granular level. But, I do agree that people in that income bracket who are also willing to spend more than $100k on a car are probably less likely to have that price sensitivity to a refund that is a low percentages of the overall price. In fact, I personally prefer that the refunds go to lower income buyers as I think it does more overall good to drive adoption of EVs down market than giving more refunds to the wealthy where its relative value is lower.