Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please explain. I am unable to understand it, specially the 1st 3 situations.
That's supposed to be all three rows (with 3rd and 2nd row folded):

modelxfolding.png

Elon said:
“And then the second row on the Model X… is a sculptural beauty. They’re amazing. They are the nicest second row seats you’ve ever seen in any car ever. That actually might have been harder than the door.”

View attachment 92594
So I kind of suspect that they will fold like this. Makes sense to be able to fold them flat even with the protruding sides. Sorry for the bad paint job. ;)

What about this modification of your theory - The second row seats first tilt back so the back of the seat is horizontal to the floor and the bottom of the seat is vertical. Then the seat sinks towards the floor and pushes forward. Then the 3rd row seats tilt forward and push towards the front to be on top of the 2nd row seats.

This way you have more open space where the 3rd row seats were and then you also have a more flat area where the 3rd row seat backs are the floor on top of the second row seats.

This would be some interesting engineering that might explain the challenges in the second row. The second row seat track would have to be able to move forward and also raise up and down to accomplish this.

I'm very interested to learn how the second row seats move and "fold" (I understand they won't fully collapse flat like the 3rd row, since they would have said so if they did) or at least partly fold or bend back. If you could get them well out of the way this car will be a great hauler for sure.

Another thing is it says on the feautre page: [...] self parking and automated lane steering.

So I expect these features to be ready and useable on the first Sigs delivered. Or coming via software update?

Ok. So it was a steering wheel. Haha. But how can 2nd row seats fold like that? Does the bottom spoke/line/short line segment represent the part on which we sit?
Yeah exactly. Just throwing a possibility out there, would be very surprised if you couldn't fold the 2nd row seats at all, and judging by Elon's comments, they should be pretty spectacular.

So exciting!! Now, can some lucky one with access to the configurator finalize the purchase so she/he can share with us approx delivery date?? I hope I don't sound too desperate to see the damm real thing:love: