Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Snow Chain Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Konig K-Summit chains for my 2019 X, and am not very happy with them.

Has anyone used other chains that work with the clearance of the back tires?

I have previously used the Auto-Trac chains, and been very happy with their configuration, and performance. Peerless | Auto-Trac ®
I have the Konig K-Summit chains for my 2019 X, and am not very happy with them.

Has anyone used other chains that work with the clearance of the back tires?

I have previously used the Auto-Trac chains, and been very happy with their configuration, and performance. Peerless | Auto-Trac ®
I too am not very happy!
I just purchased them and have been trying to fit them.
I have the K 67 size which therefore doesn’t need any adjustment aside from trading out the cap that goes over the lug nut.
I’ve selected the 21/22 mm cap, and I can’t get the damn thing on for the life of me!

Do you have any particular trick?

@DiveDeep They are a major pain to get on. I had to use the extender, and even then the interior lug nut connector needed to be aligned very carefully, so it doesn't slip too far into the extender when tightening on the lug nut. One worked better than the other.

Even when I can get the connector on the lug nut, they sit very oddly on the wheel, and don't instill me with a lot of confidence that I can run with them for a while. I've also had issues where if the chain sits on overnight (which isn't unreasonable), they were really challenging to get off. My wife got our auto-trac chains on a Highlander in a fraction of the time it took me, and I didn't even get to drive anywhere.