Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I made my reservation, I figured my actual prod. # would probably come in just under 3000. That represents a cancellation rate of 20% and is based on nothing but my skill at guessing. :eek:
Andrew, it just seems to me that a 40% prediction is on the (severely) pessimistic side. ML

When I made my reservation, I figured my actual prod. # would probably come in just under 3000. That represents a cancellation rate of 20% and is based on nothing but my skill at guessing. :eek:
Andrew, it just seems to me that a 40% prediction is on the (severely) pessimistic side. ML

Perhaps. I didn't compensate for the difference in the overly generalized sentiment towards Tesla between last year when the MS came out and now. However, based on the success of the MS, one could argue there are more speculators holding model X deposits trying to profit from a quick flip if the wait turns out to be long.

. I'm probably high. 20% doesn't seem unreasonable.

Last edited:
Perhaps. I didn't compensate for the difference in the overly generalized sentiment towards Tesla between last year when the MS came out and now. However, based on the success of the MS, one could argue there are more prospectors holding model X deposits trying to profit from a quick flip if the wait turns out to be long.

I doubt there'd be much speculation/flipping but I do think that there is a lot less doubt/unknown factors regarding the X than there was with the S; ergo I'd expect less drop-out not more.