Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were nice folks and the sales guy recognized me and called me over to answer a few of their questions about my experience owning Model S. Wouldn't be polite of me to share their details but they are snowbirds who live here part of the year and in a colder clime part of the year; they want one car in each location.

I can live with that :wink:

In all seriousness...I enjoy going to our local showroom at King of Prussia Mall, near Philly. The sales people do like to see familiar faces and have people who already own one give prospective buyers their opinions. Good work...you sold two SigXs

... but they are snowbirds who live here part of the year and in a colder clime part of the year; they want one car in each location.
That thought has crossed my mind. I travel to Palm Springs once a month for 7 to 10 days at a time for about 8 months of the year. I left my CND Model S there in September and sure miss it while I'm in Canada.
It's unfortunate but since my wife has recently become concerned about the size of the Model X which was intended for her, I was thinking a second MS might be a better fit. I haven't checked, but one question I have is , do you have to be a resident to get the EV tax rebate.
Just seems a little strange for me to own two of the same car.

That thought has crossed my mind. I travel to Palm Springs once a month for 7 to 10 days at a time for about 8 months of the year. I left my CND Model S there in September and sure miss it while I'm in Canada.
It's unfortunate but since my wife has recently become concerned about the size of the Model X which was intended for her, I was thinking a second MS might be a better fit. I haven't checked, but one question I have is , do you have to be a resident to get the EV tax rebate.
Just seems a little strange for me to own two of the same car.

There's no state tax incentive in FL. To take advantage of the U.S. federal tax credit you have have some U.S. tax liability (i.e. paying taxes here). Note that in the U.S. it's a tax credit and not a rebate per se.

There's no state tax incentive in FL. To take advantage of the U.S. federal tax credit you have have some U.S. tax liability (i.e. paying taxes here). Note that in the U.S. it's a tax credit and not a rebate per se.

Nigel is correct. The Fed is a credit against US tax owed and thus you need to owe Uncle Sam over $7,500 in a year to be eligible for a refund when you file IRS tax.
However, Palm springs in CA is eligible for a rebate of $2,500.
TESLA Model S Requirements | CCSE

I'm in! 6,669th in line. Maybe I'll post a little more and lurk a little less.

nice! Seems it would not be possible to post any less :rolleyes: tho! The Only direction from here is UP!
Any day now I'll finally be in the first half of the (US prod) line. Woohoo!

closing in on a week later:

didn't mean to shut down the thread. Anyone? Maybe there was something going on elsewhere in the TMC? :wink: More important than the Model X Tally?! No Way.

Last edited: