Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me somewhat sad. I think Signature vehicles should be for loving owners, not businesses or agencies that will use it as a test subject. Maybe I'm alone on this though.

My kids will most likely be harder on the car than Edmunds and I don't intend to baby it either ;) If we don't hit just about every supercharger in the nation by 2018 I won't be happy.

This makes me somewhat sad. I think Signature vehicles should be for loving owners, not businesses or agencies that will use it as a test subject. Maybe I'm alone on this though.

But Tesla thinks Signature vehicles are for the first 1,200 willing to deposit $40,000 :biggrin: I like Edmunds though and think it is nice they will get a review up sooner because they'll be getting a Signature.

My kids will most likely be harder on the car than Edmunds and I don't intend to baby it either ;) If we don't hit just about every supercharger in the nation by 2018 I won't be happy.

Ooh - I sense a new Tesla Model S/X game / challenge; an evolving list of Superchargers visited by an individual car/owner. A list that will almost always be incomplete as new chargers get built, some of them a long ways from home, but that just means that the leaderboard will change regularly.

Hey Brian, no hard feelings, I hope; I was just playing along. Apologies.
Nah, no worries, gg. I didn't mean what you said. I meant what I might've said (to Tesla) in reply. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh - I sense a new Tesla Model S/X game / challenge; an evolving list of Superchargers visited by an individual car/owner. A list that will almost always be incomplete as new chargers get built, some of them a long ways from home, but that just means that the leaderboard will change regularly.
Already underway it seems....
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25370-Most-Superchargers-Visited
;)

For perspective, we reserved our Model X in mid-January 2013, #24XX. Mid-January 2014 reservation were up to #74XX, so essentially 5,000 in a year + sigs. We reserved our Model S on 2/1/12 and were about #7,000. Model S reservations around 2/1/11 were in the neighborhood of #3,000. And it's fair to say at this moment Model X is further from production start than Model S was in February 2012 (10 cars pushed out in June 2012, other deliveries started July/August 2012, Model X will probably push out 10 in December 2014, other deliveries in January+ 2015). So, by my math, Model X reservations are trending at a slightly higher clip than Model S reservations. Happy to have my math double-checked. Good for TSLA owners.

Cattledog, math is good. But does not factor in market conditions. The MS reservations were before being proven out. MX reservations now are after five solid quarters of MS sales and market momentum. I would have expected MX to be a higher reservation rate by now. Still under 11k and perhaps slowing due to pushing back volume production to Q2 2015. Why tie up the funds. Just wait it out and buy in 2015. Either a loaner or get in line after a few thousand are produced and consumed and a review of how well the new AWD works.

Last edited: