Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X towing bar Specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I am not sure if this has been posted before, but was surprised to see this on the oem Hitch. I currently have a 2 inch drop to level off the trailer. According to the specs it not allowed. My understanding of this is no drop in hitch, just level with top of receiver or a max of 3/4 of an inch above. Doesn't leave much adjustability . Maybe I am understanding it wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_8801.JPEG
    IMG_8801.JPEG
    753.4 KB · Views: 94
Thanks, I missed the last sentence as it is not in the actual diagram measurements. It does show it on the hitch bar diagram in the pic I took. Time to look for a welded straight ball mount. Hopefully I can set the right height with suspension.

Walmart has a wide selection of straight bars with a 2" ball.

I'm curious what kind of trailer this is that has such a low hitch point.

I suspect your suspension is already set to LOW so any attempt to have the suspension go any lower to accommodate a low hitch point I think it's out of the question.

There is only 1 setting lower than LOW and that is for higher speed driving.

-stew

@buckets0fun I wasn't aware that Tesla offered an upgrade to the model X hitch. Can u elaborate please?

Where is it listed?
apologies, it's a class 3.

A simple search nets you what many of us use due to the junk that is the bosal version.

Walmart has a wide selection of straight bars with a 2" ball.

I'm curious what kind of trailer this is that has such a low hitch point.

I suspect your suspension is already set to LOW so any attempt to have the suspension go any lower to accommodate a low hitch point I think it's out of the question.

There is only 1 setting lower than LOW and that is for higher speed driving.

-stew
Yeah, still looking for a straight bar. Most we are finding locally have multi ball on the straight bar. We purchased a ProLite Lounge. Roughly 2000 lbs loaded, pulls great with the 2 inch drop hitch and sits level. I only notice the sticker on the hitch crawling underneath, stating no drop.