Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X UK delivery latest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Schweiz

Jan 27, 2022
UK
I'm unlucky enough to have a 6 seater Model X LR on order since March 2021. My most recent communication from Tesla was that delivery would be November 2022 earliest which I have managed to talk myself into accepting. I see on this forum that cars are beginning to trickle out into the US market so this date did seem feasible.

I've since heard second hand from someone who dropped off a car for service that deliveries may even be pushed back to 2024. I tried to call Tesla for an update but was faced with a wait time of over 20 minutes so figured I would ask if anyone here knows the latest.

It looks likely that I am going to run out of patience. I've no idea what viable alternatives to go for. I'd be very disappointed if a Model Y was the best thing out there which could tow and had some luggage space....

Does anyone know the latest?

I'm unlucky enough to have a 6 seater Model X LR on order since March 2021. My most recent communication from Tesla was that delivery would be November 2022 earliest which I have managed to talk myself into accepting. I see on this forum that cars are beginning to trickle out into the US market so this date did seem feasible.

I've since heard second hand from someone who dropped off a car for service that deliveries may even be pushed back to 2024. I tried to call Tesla for an update but was faced with a wait time of over 20 minutes so figured I would ask if anyone here knows the latest.

It looks likely that I am going to run out of patience. I've no idea what viable alternatives to go for. I'd be very disappointed if a Model Y was the best thing out there which could tow and had some luggage space....

Does anyone know the latest?
I cancelled my X and got a Y LR for now as I was without a car since nearly a year now!

Maybe when Giga Berlin is finally ready or Shanghai start producing…

I ordered a Plaid X 6 seater in January 2021.

Last I heard, from Tesla CS, about 2 weeks ago, was to expect it end 2022 early 2023.

I did read somewhere that Plaid orders will be prioritised so that may be something to consider.
Yes. My X also delayed. It’s late 2023 expectation for UK

i ordered a Model Y and you can enjoy all the Tesla fun in that till then & trade up in a few treat years

Yes. My X also delayed. It’s late 2023 expectation for UK

Mad isn't it. Most companies would be pushing their most expensive (profitable) products first. I can only presume the margins on the 3/Y are so high now Tesla have very incentive to push S/X production.

Better make sure I don't get into an accident in our X that writes it off!!

Mad isn't it. Most companies would be pushing their most expensive (profitable) products first. I can only presume the margins on the 3/Y are so high now Tesla have very incentive to push S/X production.

Better make sure I don't get into an accident in our X that writes it off!!
Consider this - the X is produced in one factory, the Y is produced (currently) in 2 factories and will soon be in production in 4 factories. Ramping up an X line in another factory would bite into the Y (or 3 or whatever) production in that factory. It would be a different case if Giga Shanghai could produce both X and Y but it can't so they produce massive numbers of Ys instead. I suspect its easier to ramp up the production of one model in a given factory rather than start up the production of a second thus I wouldn't be surprised that concentrating on upping Y production ultimately also means more profits for Tesla due to the sheer volume they can sell.

At least Elon has owned up to the X problem. He just tweeted in response:

D3DFADA8-F18D-41C8-BBDD-CE082C904C5D.jpeg

Ive been desperately waiting for the model x to become available and order via fleet solutions but I think its not going to come here will end of 2023 so may as well got with a Y.
I have a MX on pre-order and the last time I spoke with a SA was told pricing hopefully available by the end of 2022 and deliveries mid/late 2023. Agrees with what everyone else is saying I think.

Reactions: sliyk
There's still no word that I've picked up. I'm not sure there are a lot of European deliveries at the moment either, although there are definitely some.

Based on past behaviour, the UK is normally about 9 months behind the LHD markets, so if that follows we might get some by Sept next year. Anything sooner would be a bonus.

But the Tesla market place is funny at the moment, supply seems to be at least matching demand now and there's been talk of trying to break away from the quarterly cycle, so things could change.

Either way, it's speculation and not based on any tangible facts other than looking at history repeating itself.