Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ultra red is the first red I've seen in a long time that I'd consider. It is a beautifully presented color... the blue on tesla is also an *excellent* blue, IMO. That said, I ordered MSM so as to try to be a little less bold with an MXP in an unusual twist to my norm.

Reactions: preilly44
I have an 5-seat Ultra Red, black interior on order (since May 19) – with Blue + cream as my solid #2 preference – but with the newly discounted inventory stock it has me tempted to go black exterior of all colours. I feel like a "team ultra red" traitor.

It is a slippery slope of cost creep jumping between price points. My exact config is available as a demo one province over, 🇨🇦 $4K (after taxes) saved. There's also a newly discounted blue/cream 7-seater locally I could get at the 5-seat price – ~ $1K under my red order.

But then I can just lower it all by $10.7K off my current order going with black/black. (Also one province over.) TEMPTING. I am targeting a certain payment, so $-save = significantly less upfront cash needed.

For those paying attention it seems very random what was actually discounted inventory. Had another blue/cream 5-seater also get discounted $5000-$6500, it'd be a no brainer. 🤷‍♂️ Sigh. But $10.7K does more than cover the cost of a good wrap...

---

EDIT: for some context Canada has a luxury tax of 20% which gets added on the value over $100K. So a $6500 discount = $8200 after that non-sense and the sales tax on top. (Tax on tax.)

I have an 5-seat Ultra Red, black interior on order (since May 19) – with Blue + cream as my solid #2 preference – but with the newly discounted inventory stock it has me tempted to go black exterior of all colours. I feel like a "team ultra red" traitor.
So ... quite a rollercoaster of a day ... 🎢. I did opt for that black model and my local agent called back to connected me to the VIN first thing today. Some interregional order/registration complexities almost killed the deal, though I will say there was genuine and great customer service to find a way to "make it right". Kudos!

At the 11th minute of the 11th hour, right as I hear they finally found a way to make it all work – and like 10 minutes before I am called back on a revised pickup plan – I got an alert from waitingfortesla's Discord that the inventory (demo) ultra red Model X I mentioned above just got a much deeper discount and had closed in to nearly the same price as my (new inventory) order. The Ultra Red was in the same city as the Black, but everyone all day had to jump through so many hoops to get to this point of approvals for that specific VIN. Now what!? Would it be possible!?

Anyway, they were super helpful again and "no big deal" willing to quickly switch me to the Ultra Red X as we coordinated the revised pickup details. So I'm back to getting an X with the (much superior, imho) Ultra Red but without the feeling of losing out on the deep savings I described above.

Absolutely a win-win outcome which may have not even have worked out for me timing wise, had the earlier hiccups not happened and the order/insurance/etc gotten locked in earlier in the day. I fly out for pickup in a few days and will enjoy the peaceful half-day drive back home in my new X to break it in.

... snip ...
Absolutely a win-win outcome which may have not even have worked out for me timing wise, had the earlier hiccups not happened and the order/insurance/etc gotten locked in earlier in the day. I fly out for pickup in a few days and will enjoy the peaceful half-day drive back home in my new X to break it in.

Oh this is awesome. Was just speaking with my wife over dinner about the red again, and we agree we both like it, just wish it wasnt another couple of $K... finding a decent demo would be awesome... but i dont think there are many (any?) Demo MXPs in my region (southeast).

Can you DM a link to that discord?

Reactions: svonorth
Gave up on waiting for my red ordered in May, and switched to an inventory MXLR black 7 seat which was a color I also had in mind. I kept monitoring inventories and this one appeared in inventory Saturday in a location nearby, called the store, reassigned, got delivery Sunday, very happy. SA said red cars are taking long to deliver. I didnt want to miss the good valuation they gave me in my M3LR and also the 3y supercharging promo (which I used yesterday, it works of course hehe).

Update - VIN assigned yesterday evening; 24 days from order to VIN.

My app shows a "June 29th - July 7" delivery window right now, but a SA texted me and said that the ETA for arrival at the service/delivery center is 6/29 with delivery on 6/30 taking the time between the 2 days for vehicle prep.

I'll be taking delivery in Cincinnati OH (since KY law won't allow Tesla to deliver here) so I'm hoping the logistics and transport schedule holds... I'm definitely going to be down to the wire on this one.

I had a bit of a bumpy ride, but she, or one of her twin sisters is in my garage now.

I ordered on 26/5, and went through all the necessary paperwork, I got a VIN assigned and I had delivery planned 27/6. On 26/6 I got a call that my car was still in Baltimore, and delivery wouldn't happen the next day. I just managed to interrupt my insurance company to register the VIN.

However, my wife found an identically specced Ultra Red Model X which was immediately available in Belgium. The only way to change the order, was to cancel the order on the car that was still in Baltimore, and order a new one, losing the €250 order charge, but winning about 7K of end of quarter discount. I forgot to use my referral code, so I missed out on 2K or 20K credits, and there was a kerfuffle between Tesla in Belgium and pretty much all leasing companies, in which Tesla scheduled all deliveries on Friday and required payment up-front, and my sales advisor was very clear we could not do this in 4 days.

I have a number of people to thank who did go the extra mile, and got the car delivered in time, 7K cheaper and with 3 years of free supercharging.

Tesla delivery experience is unique, but at least it's not wait 2 years for a diesel car unique like most German brands right now 😅

Reactions: EightBitWhit
Just got my 2023 Model X Plaid (HW4 with radar) in Ultra Red with White interior! Got 5% tint all around and clear PPF all around. Turned out great and drives great. The process was a nightmare trying to get it but now that it’s finally here it’s perfect. Took it to Tinterz in Orlando near the MCO airport.

9A69C284-C1EC-4EB1-AAFD-84CD829E08D5.jpeg

Just got my 2023 Model X Plaid (HW4 with radar) in Ultra Red with White interior! Got 5% tint all around and clear PPF all around. Turned out great and drives great. The process was a nightmare trying to get it but now that it’s finally here it’s perfect. Took it to Tinterz in Orlando near the MCO airport.

View attachment 952921

Looks sick- congrats on getting your car out of the purgatory lol.

You’re not putting the inserts into the 22”s?

View attachment 952921
Can you tell us the cost of the ppf all around?

View attachment 952921

View attachment 952921
This is incredibly good picture! 😍
Maybe I can use it as my wallpaper on FB?
Thank you very much 👍🏻