Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm joining the waiting room... Figured I'd get in on the FSD transfer opportunity and trade in my M3P for a MYP originally but then this Ultra Red Plaid with white interior just dropped lower and lower price in inventory to where I finally jumped at it. Delivery set for Saturday, hopefully it's closer to the success stories here and not the horror stories! Sounds like with the FSD transfer we can't reject without loosing FSD forever!

Got mine; quite happy with it; hopefully not speaking too soon but my biggest gripe has been adhesive residue from the packing tape/covers used in transport… And some dust/crud various places to be cleaned…

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    609.1 KB · Views: 325
Got mine; quite happy with it; hopefully not speaking too soon but my biggest gripe has been adhesive residue from the packing tape/covers used in transport… And some dust/crud various places to be cleaned…
Never tell them to wash you car upon delivery, they wash or have the lowest guy wash you car and end up scratching the paint. I’m planning to order my MXP with recent price cuts and will be driven straight to my PPF installer to get the car covered in the paint protect film. Tesla paint is super thin. My wife car had a hit and run in a parking lot and the paint flaked off the trunk area.

Can you post the interior shots? Want to see how much room in trunk with 3rd row down.

Not 100% help, since these were from my test drive, but i’d say similar length to the Y,, maybe a bit more. Where you are gonna gain help is the height. I noticed a difference with that from the 3 to the Y, and then def from the Y to the X.

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    603.8 KB · Views: 175
Can you post the interior shots? Want to see how much room in trunk with 3rd row down.
Getting ready for a road trip and this picture gives you an idea of how much space there is.

I have two large boxes positioned but yet the Trunk well is not covered (and I have the well full with a bunch of stuff).

To get more granularity, I’d suggest you take a drive to the nearest Tesla store. Lately, they have been keeping Model X’s in local showrooms by me for review/drives.

1694629000746.jpeg

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Getting ready for a road trip and this picture gives you an idea of how much space there is.

I have two large boxes positioned but yet the Trunk well is not covered (and I have the well full with a bunch of stuff).

To get more granularity, I’d suggest you take a drive to the nearest Tesla store. Lately, they have been keeping Model X’s in local showrooms by me for review/drives.

View attachment 973588
Thank you for post this picture.

Agree. I did full ppf on my S and, even tho it "only" cost $5k, I feel like it's a waste in hindsight. If a rock hits it hard enough, yes it won't damage the paint, but you'll still see that imperfection in the ppf. If you sell, no dealer or buyer will care about the ppf so you'll never recover the #. If you keep it, eventually the imperfections will bother you, so you'll remove and have perfect paint. But then what?

Edit: I'm particularly foolish in hindsight bc there hasn't been a single car I've owned longer than 3 yrs. Lol idk why I decided to do ppf on the Plaid but learned my lesson. Also, Fwiw, some of the "self healing" properties they mention are ymmv. I had a couple scratches in the ppf (from a 🤡 that hand washed my car) that no amount of heat would make the stuff self heal.

I don’t think so, but personally Tesla paint is a crap job. My wife MYLR , someone backed into her car and the pair is peeling, this is like 2 weeks after impact. If I’m spending over $50k car and live is a prone to damage area. It’s worth it for me. Just look at the paint flaking away.

Attachments

• IMG_9952.jpeg
    IMG_9952.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 153
Agree. I did full ppf on my S and, even tho it "only" cost $5k, I feel like it's a waste in hindsight. If a rock hits it hard enough, yes it won't damage the paint, but you'll still see that imperfection in the ppf. If you sell, no dealer or buyer will care about the ppf so you'll never recover the #. If you keep it, eventually the imperfections will bother you, so you'll remove and have perfect paint. But then what?

Edit: I'm particularly foolish in hindsight bc there hasn't been a single car I've owned longer than 3 yrs. Lol idk why I decided to do ppf on the Plaid but learned my lesson. Also, Fwiw, some of the "self healing" properties they mention are ymmv. I had a couple scratches in the ppf (from a 🤡 that hand washed my car) that no amount of heat would make the stuff self heal.
Plains is a $100k car and known for very thin paint. I’m not planning to sell the car for a very long time and like to preserve the look much as I can.