Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X with higher mileage range - in Q1, 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, we're kind of spoiled here in California with the abundance of superchargers. But in other areas, it can be a challenge. For example, I'm thinking of visiting Great Basin National Park in Nevada. The Tesla trip planner routes me all the way through Las Vegas, instead of the more direct route via Tonopah (or Reno). That's an extra 300 miles(!) presumably because there's no superchargers in the middle of NV.

View attachment 960470
There is a supercharger in tonopah, I driven between there and Vegas a few times and seen plenty of Teslas, but I'm not sure what's east and West of that area.

In the market for our larger family car (6 passengers)in Q1 2024 so starting my research now. Wondering if by Q1, 2024 the X will be available with higher mileage? 330 miles just doesn't cut it for longer trips and that's the primary purpose for this second car.
I drove from Norfolk, VA to Chicago, IL and back with 240 miles of range and a max Supercharge rate of 120 kW and it was fine, so I disagree with your assertion that 330 miles and 250 kW+ doesn’t cut it. It absolutely does.