Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X World Record SUV 1/8th Mile Time 7.3888 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

We took our Tesla Model X to the local drag strip. It is a 1/8th mile track.

They snickered and questioned if I really wanted to race "that".

By the end of the night, we had many converts and were drawing huge crowds around the car.

We raced anyone and everyone that would race us (some would not) and we were undefeated!!!

Yes, an SUV dominated over muscle cars, nitrous boosted cars and highly modified cars for racing. We owned the 1/8th mile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Max. That was a blast! Btrflyl8e, FLDarren, and I were there cheering him on. Here is some more footage courtesy of Brtflyl8e.
Now that we've seen how slow the ICE cars are, we're all going to get on the track next time. :D

Edit: I just showed the videos to OhBrad. Twice he said "Where's the other car? Oh, there it is."

Last edited by a moderator:
12 runs, never got old. My favorite part was when the announcer said over the PA, "no one can beat the eeee-lectric car!". You got that right, buddy. I just wish the drags were earlier than 10pm-2am!

My son pointed out the number that they painted on the car just before the first run, is artfully smeared by the extreme acceleration of the car. The smear really represents just how fast this car is.
2016-02-24 19.53.23.jpg