Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 0- 60 mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't argue with you about who uses it, I couldn't find any information on who does and doesn't. I will agree that ALL car companies should clearly state what standard was used if they publish numbers. The reality is that most don't believe car maker's claims anyway, and check for third party numbers. Both Motor Trend and Car & Driver use the roll out, and the latter claims it's the "industry standard".

As far as this thread, it's supposed to be fun! So maybe let's keep it to the original intent? And post 0-60 both with and without the roll out.

I'm going to throw the winter wheels and tires off my 3 onto my Y PUP and see what she'll do! :) (I know it's been done.)

Post up some times! :)

The stealth should do a tad better 0-60. Enough to measure? I don't know. The 21" tires in the back are slightly taller making gearing slightly worse.

Range should be the same on all models equipped with identical wheels & tires, or at least close enough for the difference to be negligible.

Judging by the video posted in this thread, I'd imagine the Stealth (19" Gemini) will be measurable and somewhere between the 18" TSW wheels that achieved the 3.27 time and the 3.45 Dragtimes achieved on the heavy 21's. So I bet probably in the 3.35 to 3.40 (1ft) range if I were to make a fun guess. :)

I'd like to see 1/4 mile times however, especially on the lighter wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
random but, I am driving a Model S75 today as a loaner car while the Model Y performance gets panels realigned. This is the 2nd Tesla I have driven. Feels a lot slower than the Y, I didn't expect such a huge difference. Esp on the freeway, that car barely moves. I think my 335i can eat it.

random but, I am driving a Model S75 today as a loaner car while the Model Y performance gets panels realigned. This is the 2nd Tesla I have driven. Feels a lot slower than the Y, I didn't expect such a huge difference. Esp on the freeway, that car barely moves. I think my 335i can eat it.

IIRC the S75 was the one that did or did not get a free 1-sec 0-60 uncork depending on production date.

The ones that got it (and those from the factory after it happened) the 0-60 is about 4.2 which AFAIK beats a 335i

The ones that didn't get it are around 5.2

IIRC the S75 was the one that did or did not get a free 1-sec 0-60 uncork depending on production date.

The ones that got it (and those from the factory after it happened) the 0-60 is about 4.2 which AFAIK beats a 335i

The ones that didn't get it are around 5.2

Well this s75 I drove definitely didn’t get the 4.2. It was still very quick because of that instant torque but runs out of breath pretty quick. My 335i would still get dusted from the launch, but I got plenty upgrades so it reels most Teslas in at the top end.

I got my Y back today, such as quick SUV it’s ridiculous ppl complaining they aren’t hitting 3.5 0-60. That’s fast enough for what it is.

Reactions: empiredown
They've been cheating on these numbers since the old Model S days.

They just hide it slightly better these days.

But it's still obvious once car mags and owners who aren't dishonest about this do testing- for example the LR AWD Model 3 is listed at 4.4 online- actual 1' rollout testing consistently clocks it at 3.9 without boost.

They advertise the LR AWD boost at 3.9- when 1 foot rollout tests consistently hit the 3.5 range.

See also this screen shot from the old P85 days where they actually used to publish the fact they use 2 different measurements for P and non-P.

View attachment 530267
Because since the release of awd model 3 they have had 2 5% power increases. When they released the car it was 4.4-4.5 after first update consistent 4.3.-4.4 now after update a few months back it’s hitting 4.1 consistently. Then pay for boost and ppl get 3.7-3.8 no update for model y yet.

Because since the release of awd model 3 they have had 2 5% power increases. When they released the car it was 4.4-4.5 after first update consistent 4.3.-4.4 now after update a few months back it’s hitting 4.1 consistently. Then pay for boost and ppl get 3.7-3.8 no update for model y yet.

Guessing you're using no rollout for those #s?

Because they're all lower (almost exactly 0.2 seconds lower in every case) if you measure the car same way they measure the P (with 1' rollout)

See the chart below which has 0-60 (and canbus power) data with and without rollout for LRAWD and P model 3 from every step of the power improvements

LRAWD2.png
:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cmos2000
Guessing you're using no rollout for those #s?

Because they're all lower (almost exactly 0.2 seconds lower in every case) if you measure the car same way they measure the P (with 1' rollout)

See the chart below which has 0-60 (and canbus power) data with and without rollout for LRAWD and P model 3 from every step of the power improvements

View attachment 534745 :

I’m new to Tesla myself, that's awesome how those simple over the air updates can make a huge impact! I’m looking forward for the Model Y updates. I have a good friend who works for SpaceX and they share offices with some of the Tesla engineers and he did mention that Tesla will be unleashing more potential in the near future.

I'm now on 2020.12.11; Is it just my imagine or does it launch a little harder?

PROBABLY your imagination- frequently when there's updates you'll get various folks who insist feature X got better and feature Y got worse, and just as many saying the opposite- this includes things like acceleration.

You'd need a calibrated measuring device like a draggy to be sure though... (and in most cases when someone with one tests, there's no actual change-obviously barring the couple specific times there was a publicly announced one)

PROBABLY your imagination- frequently when there's updates you'll get various folks who insist feature X got better and feature Y got worse, and just as many saying the opposite- this includes things like acceleration.

You'd need a calibrated measuring device like a draggy to be sure though... (and in most cases when someone with one tests, there's no actual change-obviously barring the couple specific times there was a publicly announced one)

probably right. But good luck convincing my stupid brain.

Reactions: Knightshade
I'm now on 2020.12.11; Is it just my imagine or does it launch a little harder?
I got all excited by your post and went out and ran 0-60 with my Y PUP and Dragy. Same ambient temp as before. I've been pretty consistent 0-60 no rollout 3.77 - 3.78. Today, with the new update--drum roll please-- 3.9. :( I'll have to run it again tomorrow maybe, but if that holds I'm going to have to say--no, it does not launch harder. It's slower. :(

I got all excited by your post and went out and ran 0-60 with my Y PUP and Dragy. Same ambient temp as before. I've been pretty consistent 0-60 no rollout 3.77 - 3.78. Today, with the new update--drum roll please-- 3.9. :( I'll have to run it again tomorrow maybe, but if that holds I'm going to have to say--no, it does not launch harder. It's slower. :(

I blame the corona virus.