Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2021 Complete Battery Failure at 18k Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I just picked up my car after Tesla installed a new HV battery. With 18k miles there was no charge, including 100 miles of flatbed towing. It took two weeks, exactly as promised, and almost all of that time was getting the part.
I only have good feedback on the Boston-Watertown location. Communication was excellent, they were friendly and answered all my questions. While the building is nothing to write home about, my experience was excellent!

Wow! I just picked up my car after Tesla installed a new HV battery. With 18k miles there was no charge, including 100 miles of flatbed towing. It took two weeks, exactly as promised, and almost all of that time was getting the part.
I only have good feedback on the Boston-Watertown location. Communication was excellent, they were friendly and answered all my questions. While the building is nothing to write home about, my experience was excellent!
Good to hear. From what I can tell from the service manual it's about a 4.5 hour job but as you said getting the part delivered probably took most of those two weeks.

did they provide you the loaner for the 2 weeks that your car was in service?

did they provide you the loaner for the 2 weeks that your car was in service?
When I had to have the battery on my 2021 SRMY replaced last August, I was provided a loaner for all but 2 days in the close to month it took to do the repair. The first 2 days I was on a waiting list for a loaner, but Tesla provided $100 of Uber credits per day (or more if necessary) for the 2 days.

Reactions: Bullwinkl