Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2023 Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how it should have been in the first place then...

Now, if it was HW4 and a better quality, higher field of view and environmentally protected sensor suite on the other hand... we might be getting a slightly better field of view according to some reports, but they are certainly not going hand in hand with reports of HW4 and a sensor (camera) suite better protected from the elements. Nor HD radar for that matter. Would love to be surprised on those counts though, but I'm sure EM would be going on about those rather than an extra 30mm and a better ride.

HW4 can't be too far off though, it's been on the cards for years and its presence confirmed earlier this year... So maybe by keeping quiet will allow it to be slipped in below the radar (oops, no radar to slip it under any more, unless HD radar also slips in beneath itself) without affecting short term sales/deliveries. Certainly, glad that we got early access to HW3 and not tail end of HW2.5 even though it could be upgraded. Hoping that HW3 can be upgraded to HW4, along with better sensors too. Makes sense to deliver new cars with upgraded cameras even if HW3 cannot take full advantage (conjecture) until upgraded to HW4.

I like how he says:
"The Model 3 and Model Y’s suspension is arguably not one of the most comfortable"
Some may argue about whether the MY suspension it is adequate or not ( personally it doesn't bother me) but I have never heard anyone argue over whether it is or is not the "most comfortable" that would take some extreme fanboi-ism.
Someone not wanting to jeopardise their Tesla event press pass I think :)

The 2022 model Y tester I drove made in the spring was already pretty good. Felt softer and smoother than my existing car to me.
I'm guessing people who think it is firm are are coming from a vehicle with a floaty boaty suspension?
Not necessarily, the motoring press unanimously thought it was crashy on first drives of initial deliveries.
I tested 2 demos in June, one early delivery car and then a brand spanker. The newer one was noticeably more refined and less crashy.