Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 82kW Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From their help is states it is an extrapolation so likely just using the same input and keeping track of it over time for a graph.

Notice how the two graphs below go hand in hand? TeslaFI . COM has similar graph on the bottom for your car and for the TeslaFI 'fleet' for your model.

app-battery.png
Thought probably thanks will give it some time

We have a Bolt, but ordered a Y specifically to tow a popup camper. I'm sure we'll find the limits of the new battery :)

It's an excellent tow vehicle (you will lose the obligatory 50% range but great.

We just got home. Family of 4, Rockwood 2500lbs pop-up.
I ended up getting the ModelX dongle for the trailer brake, but instead used a Curt Echo brake controller that plugs into the back of the car only.. It worked well. I may not hook up the dongle as the CURT worked well for us.

I ended up turning down the sensitivity and power so the trailer would not steal all the energy.

We supercharged in Copperopolis, ca, and camp site was in Pinecrest, CA 4000+FT elevation and got there with about 45%.

edit: Side note, we turned in our 2017 Chevrolet Bolt about 3 months ago.. Phew, it helped by the Tesla. Bolt's are great cars, just get the battery issue fixed. EUV is more functional.

I think I found a way to check pack size without ScanMyTesla or an OBD cable.
  1. Must be in latest 2021.24 software
  2. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  3. Type in ‘dynotest’
  4. Under CFG read “Pack Size”

I bought my MY LR AWD 5 seat in March 31 2021, born March 16, 2021 and it reads 74kwh

Can everyone check and report back:
  • Car model and trim
  • Performance or 7 seater
  • Born date
  • Pack Size
Hopefully we can get some data on pack sizes, trims and dates they made the switch!

I rebooted, no change until I tried using a capital "D" in "Dynotest". That worked. Also, I have PIN to Drive set and had to first enter the PIN before attempting any of the steps to access Dyno Test mode.

Note: When you exit Dyno Test mode you must perform a soft reboot, else the Tesla vehicle will remain in Dyno Test Mode.

Don't get freaked out by any warning messages you may see such as Forward Emergency Braking Disabled. Power Limited, etc. After exiting Dyno Test mode the vehicle reboots but remains in Dyno Test mode. It required a second soft rebooting to exit Dyno Test mode. Now all appears well.

2020 Long Range Dual Motor Model Y (5 seat)

Birth Date: May 25, 2020

Pack Size: 74kWh

(This is the same pack size as noted on the singe page documentation Tesla provided me when I purchased the Model Y in June of 2020 for a Maryland EV tax rebate program.)

Currently my Model Y has a usable capacity of 65.6 kWh (calculated off of the Energy Screen.) This is ~11% less than 74kWh; ~9.5% less than 72.5 kWh (assuming this was the usable capacity when new.)

Last edited:
I rebooted, no change until I tried using a capital "D" in "Dynotest". That worked. Also, I have PIN to Drive set and had to first enter the PIN before attempting any of the steps to access Dyno Test mode.

Note: When you exit Dyno Test mode you must perform a soft reboot, else the Tesla vehicle will remain in Dyno Test Mode.

Don't get freaked out by any warning messages you may see such as Forward Emergency Braking Disabled. Power Limited, etc. After exiting Dyno Test mode the vehicle reboots but remains in Dyno Test mode. It required a second soft rebooting to exit Dyno Test mode. Now all appears well.

2020 Long Range Dual Motor Model Y (5 seat)

Birth Date: May 25, 2020

Pack Size: 74kWh

(This is the same pack size as noted on the singe page documentation Tesla provided me when I purchased the Model Y in June of 2020 for a Maryland EV tax rebate program.)

Currently my Model Y has a usable capacity of 65.6 kWh (calculated off of the Energy Screen.) This is ~11% less than 74kWh; ~9.5% less than 72.5 kWh (assuming this was the usable capacity when new.)
I wonder if you have to have a certain charge level. Mine will charge tonight but is at 27% now, haven’t gotten it to work yet.

Help Needed! I got into the DynoTest mode as per post #66, on my new Plaid, but I can't get out of the mode. Running 2021.32.5....
1. First, I tapped the Exit diagnostic mode, top center, Nothing
2. Swiped the window down and away; it disappeared, but the "DynoMode" RED across the screens still remains, as do the alerts
3. Scroll wheel reboot; still in Dyno Mode afterwards
4. Turned power off in the Safety/security screen; still in DynoMode afterward
5. Left the car, closed door, let it lock, then reentered with key; still in DynoMode afterward
6. Now waiting to see if having it go to sleep will do the trick.
7. Note: Can can not find a way to get back to the tabbed window that first came up when I entered "Dynotest" at the start.... Is there a way?

In the meantime, I reach out to the community

I feel like such a Dolt!

Last edited:
Help Needed! I got into the DynoTest mode as per post #66, on my new Plaid, but I can't get out of the mode. Running 2021.32.5....
1. First, I tapped the Exit diagnostic mode, top center, Nothing
2. Swiped the window down and away; it disappeared, but the "DynoMode" RED across the screens still remains, as do the alerts
3. Scroll wheel reboot; still in Dyno Mode afterwards
4. Turned power off in the Safety/security screen; still in DynoMode afterward
5. Left the car, closed door, let it lock, then reentered with key; still in DynoMode afterward
6. Now waiting to see if having it go to sleep will do the trick.

In the meantime, I reach out to the community

I feel like such a Dolt!
Restart the car after you exit the mode and exit re-enter the car then go for a drive. It’ll go back to normal