Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 82kW Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
Interesting - confirmation that at least from sometime in May 2021 on, the MY has the 82 kW pack...... Now we need to get guys with the Scan My Tesla app (or another that shows battery pack size) to start checking to see how when the transition started.....

I would like to see more people reporting about this before it's confirmed. His reported nominal and expected range is very much in line with what is being advertised. Almost as if the battery conveniently degraded 5% within a week of delivery...
So either this means something still needs to be optimized, or perhaps all 2021s have this pack so the car can reach the existing range, and we won't see 340 with this pack.

Interesting - confirmation that at least from sometime in May 2021 on, the MY has the 82 kW pack...... Now we need to get guys with the Scan My Tesla app (or another that shows battery pack size) to start checking to see how when the transition started.....
You talking about kWh? Battery capacity and energy are measured in kWh, a totally different metric than kW.

I have a 183xxx VIN with a May build date and I see 330 miles at 100% I even saw 331 briefly when I was testing supercharging although it dropped back down to 330. I'm not sure what size my pack is but based on that video showing 329 max range I think I probably have the bigger pack.

• Informative
Reactions: El joe
Gotta love the disagree. kW is a totally different metric than kWh.

Model Y LR VIN 189 delivered in May, just scanned it and I have the 82Kw pack.
You mean kWh? I don't know what "Kw" is.

Folks, if we're going to talk about electricity, battery capacity and charging rates, can we use the correct units please?

Model 3 to have <60kW Supercharging? simply stated it. I've posted something like this numerous times: HPWC 18kWh or should it be less.

That thread was total cluster#$%^#$% because the OP there had no idea what he was talking about and it was impossible to have a conversation there.

The context back then was the Model 3 was rumored to have a 60 kWh or smaller battery pack and in states where Tesla could not legally charge $ per kWh (energy), they had two different prices by time depending on the charging rate (in kW): below 60 kW and above 60 kW. This DID NOT mean the below 60 kWh Model 3 had a charging rate of below 60 kW! Unfortunately, due to that guy not knowing the difference nor what he was talking about, I don't think we got through to him --> cluster#$%@ thread.

Last edited:
You mean kWh? I don't know what "Kw" is.

Yes, you do, because in context the fact there's an "82" in front of it we all knew what they meant and pretending you don't is a little over the top. I agree it would be nice if people used the right units (my degree is in physics) but at the same time if you knew what they meant calling them out on it in a rude fashion is going to be counter productive. Gentle nudge works better than shaming in this circumstance.