Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 82kW Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help Needed! I got into the DynoTest mode as per post #66, on my new Plaid, but I can't get out of the mode. Running 2021.32.5....
1. First, I tapped the Exit diagnostic mode, top center, Nothing
2. Swiped the window down and away; it disappeared, but the "DynoMode" RED across the screens still remains, as do the alerts
3. Scroll wheel reboot; still in Dyno Mode afterwards
4. Turned power off in the Safety/security screen; still in DynoMode afterward
5. Left the car, closed door, let it lock, then reentered with key; still in DynoMode afterward
6. Now waiting to see if having it go to sleep will do the trick.
7. Note: Can can not find a way to get back to the tabbed window that first came up when I entered "Dynotest" at the start.... Is there a way?

In the meantime, I reach out to the community

I feel like such a Dolt!

Re: 7. I drilled down some menu rabbit hole and didn't know how to back out but was able to just do the below again and it took me to the main 'dynotest' menu.

Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
@scottf200 Tried that, but the window never came up!

I rebooted, no change until I tried using a capital "D" in "Dynotest". That worked. Also, I have PIN to Drive set and had to first enter the PIN before attempting any of the steps to access Dyno Test mode.

Note: When you exit Dyno Test mode you must perform a soft reboot, else the Tesla vehicle will remain in Dyno Test Mode.

Don't get freaked out by any warning messages you may see such as Forward Emergency Braking Disabled. Power Limited, etc. After exiting Dyno Test mode the vehicle reboots but remains in Dyno Test mode. It required a second soft rebooting to exit Dyno Test mode. Now all appears well.

2020 Long Range Dual Motor Model Y (5 seat)

Birth Date: May 25, 2020

Pack Size: 74kWh

(This is the same pack size as noted on the singe page documentation Tesla provided me when I purchased the Model Y in June of 2020 for a Maryland EV tax rebate program.)

Currently my Model Y has a usable capacity of 65.6 kWh (calculated off of the Energy Screen.) This is ~11% less than 74kWh; ~9.5% less than 72.5 kWh (assuming this was the usable capacity when new.)
My dynotest full pack energy reported is 66.5 so 10% loss from 74kWh 15 months ago (1 Jun 20 born on date). Looks like all normal so good to see actual data from the car :).

@teknoprep It was "Restart the car" that through me for a loop as this isn't an ICE car! In any case, it worked and I'm back to normal, thanks!
I’m stuck where you were. After all those steps, I’m still stuck in dyno mode.
when I first get into the car, all looks normal. But as soon as I start the car….Dynomode! How did you finally get out?

btw mine is a Halloween baby…born Oct 31 2020

I did a second soft reboot after exiting Dyno Mode (use the large Exit Dyno Mode and Reboot button). Then I exited the vehicle, turn off BT on my phone and walked to the opposite side of my house from the garage. I waited ~5 minutes before turning BT back on and re-entering my Model Y. The screen was blank but in a minute or two the Model Y booted up normally.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Yeah that didn’t work. I’m assuming by “restart car” just get out (turning off car) then get back in and press brake (starting car). Done that multiple times to no avail.
We had that issue as well. We had to put it back into dyno mode so that we could see the "Exit Dyno Mode and Reboot" button again. Once we did that and used the button, we then got out, let the car reboot and dyno mode was turned off.

• Helpful
Yeah that didn’t work. I’m assuming by “restart car” just get out (turning off car) then get back in and press brake (starting car). Done that multiple times to no avail.
@jebinc I got it to work. Turns out I wasn’t waiting for the car to totally restart before getting out. This time I restarted, waited for the restart to complete, opened door. Got out. Closed door. Got in. Started car.
Back to normal.
For some reason it lost my phone key configuration.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
08-2021 build here.. OBD/ScanMyTesla confirms 82kW pack.

Only 96 'cells' tho.... 🤔

Surely they are combined into modules/strings/bricks.. I would expect more than only 96 'cells'

I really don't think this means what we hope it means...

$0.02 from a Tesla-noob

By using the energy graph formula. My Y calculates to 79kwh. But using the dynotest screen it shows 74kwh. Anyone have any knowledge on why the calculation would be off by this much?
I haven't used dynotest screen. I had only calculation on the energy screen and got the same 79 kWh. I think this is already the 82 kWh pack, representing a 3-4% reserve and a usable capacity of 79 kWh.

I haven't used dynotest screen. I had only calculation on the energy screen and got the same 79 kWh. I think this is already the 82 kWh pack, representing a 3-4% reserve and a usable capacity of 79 kWh.
Yeah so I'm just wondering now if the Dynotest is giving the wrong information. Or if the calculation is wrong this whole time. Hopefully someone with a scan my tesla app can see if the information from dynotest matches the app.

08-2021 build here.. OBD/ScanMyTesla confirms 82kW pack.

Only 96 'cells' tho.... 🤔

Surely they are combined into modules/strings/bricks.. I would expect more than only 96 'cells'

I really don't think this means what we hope it means...

$0.02 from a Tesla-noob
What does your dynotest screen show under Car Type and Full Energy Pack?

Im curious is that matches with ScanMyTesla

Honestly im unsure of your question. I only have the ScanMyTesla App. I have not noticed a 'Dyno Test' screen in the SMT App unless im overlooking something.

i had posted this earlier

1. Must be in latest 2021.24 software
  2. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  3. Type in ‘Dynotest’
  4. Under CFG read “Pack Size”
I bought my MY LR AWD 5 seat in March 31 2021, born March 16, 2021 and it reads 74kwh

Can everyone check and report back:
  • Car model and trim
  • Performance or 7 seater
  • Born date
  • Pack Size

• Helpful