Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone bought hub caps to replace the 19" gemini from Aliexpress experienced crackling sound when travelling at low speed? I have removed and swap around (Front to Rear) but still have the sound.

Any ideas how to fix this? Issue should be with the aliexpress hubcaps as I don't think I heard this with the gemini.

Anyone bought hub caps to replace the 19" gemini from Aliexpress experienced crackling sound when travelling at low speed? I have removed and swap around (Front to Rear) but still have the sound.

Any ideas how to fix this? Issue should be with the aliexpress hubcaps as I don't think I heard this with the gemini.
They should have come with foam adhesive stuff to put around the inside of the rim

When it comes to decking out your Model Y with accessories in Australia, TESERY has you covered. Check out their range of Tesla Model Y Accessories designed to complement your Tesla's sleek style while adding practicality to your driving experience.

From custom-fit floor mats that tackle Aussie dirt and sand to cargo liners that keep your trunk in top shape during road trips, TESERY's got it. Their accessories are not just about protection; they're about enhancing your Tesla experience.

19abc489-cbdc-41a4-97e1-997da2f076b3.jpg

Remember to explore the reviews to hear what fellow Aussie Tesla owners think. TESERY's accessories often get a thumbs up for their quality and how well they suit the Tesla aesthetic.

So, whether you're cruising the Great Ocean Road or taking a trip to the Outback, make sure your Model Y is geared up with the best Model Y accessories. Happy driving!

Hi All,

I am about to pull the trigger on buying a Model Y and I am wanting to know what Mods people have done,

I'm looking to add a screen behind the steering wheel, a shade for the roof and possibly a screen for the back seat (I Think a tablet is a better idea). (All partner approval factor)

I have been recomended looking into getting the airpump with goo, a spare tyre, a type 2 plug, floor mats, and a boot mat,

What mods have others done, and where do you get yours from?

TIA

What mods have others done,
Mods:

1) Pull off the "fridge sticker" off the windscreen when you take delivery - this is the most important "Mod"
2) Press the battery icon in the car screen to change to % (not km) and leave it at %
3) Dont pull off the protective film off the car screen. Mine is still attached after 6 months and I dont need to buy a screen protector until it falls off

The first 3 don't cost you anything

4) Get a radiator intake protective mesh - protects leaves and bugs filling up the radiator space and eliminates cleaning it out every couple years
5) Get a wheel cover that covers up to the rim - the OEM wheel covers don't- lots on the market
6) Tesories sell the floor mats, boot mat, frunk mat (they are all about the same if you go to other sellers)
7) Type 2 blue cable from Tesla shop. The prices are about the same - Tesla one is 7metres.
8) Mudflap

Reactions: David Sowden
Mods:

1) Pull off the "fridge sticker" off the windscreen when you take delivery - this is the most important "Mod"
2) Press the battery icon in the car screen to change to % (not km) and leave it at %
3) Dont pull off the protective film off the car screen. Mine is still attached after 6 months and I dont need to buy a screen protector until it falls off

The first 3 don't cost you anything

4) Get a radiator intake protective mesh - protects leaves and bugs filling up the radiator space and eliminates cleaning it out every couple years
5) Get a wheel cover that covers up to the rim - the OEM wheel covers don't- lots on the market
6) Tesories sell the floor mats, boot mat, frunk mat (they are all about the same if you go to other sellers)
7) Type 2 blue cable from Tesla shop. The prices are about the same - Tesla one is 7metres.
8) Mudflap
Thank you, I have added all this to my List.

Prob a dumb question, does the car come with a charger not the wall one, but a 240V one?

does the car come with a charger not the wall one, but a 240V one?
On the Tesla website where you select the car and options, scroll down the right column - below colour, wheels, interior, enhanced autopilot, full self driving. You come to "charging" - your answer is there...

Oh, another important Mod "Please read the owners manual"

Personally find the under seat trays a great item. Just make sure you get the version with a lid. Stops the debris from dropping into them. The front centre console insert I find handy as well. I have the 2 zip up bags for the frunk. One holds all my electrical cables; the other is for takeaway's. keeps the small out of the cabin. Also have a Quad Lock phone mount, works a treat as I use Waze.

I like the wireless charging and the physical lock system that holds it securely. I have used the Ramm mount system in ambulances (lots of driving over kerbs at speed to drive along footpaths where necessary, IE driven like you stole it) for 15 odd years and have purchased a ball mount for the quad lock to match the Ramm system. I use some quality double sided tape to attach the flat round disk to the back of the Tesla monitor. I have run a USB-C lead from the centre console by taking the timber section of the dash off and the top of the centre console apart and run the USB lead internally. Works well for me.

Reactions: Goneincognito
Just in relation to this, consider getting a Matte screen protector - there is hardly a day goes by I don't thank the fact I bought one. I can vouch for the Spigen matte protector - it's expensive, but the applicator it comes with is 1st rate. By all means, do as Quickst suggested in leaving the factory screen protector on - and rip it off a moment before applying the screen protector ;)

Link to Amazon page for this protector: https://www.amazon.com.au/Spigen-Tempered-Protector-Dashboard-Touchscreen/dp/B084BNC3FG?th=1

I will also suggest under seat storage bins - these are the bees knees for neat and available storage. Several types to choose from (hard shell, flocked etc). I chose the flocked ones from Tessery, and like the fact that the flocking helps prevent them from sliding, though I confess I don't really know if the hard-sided ones slide or not.

As for a "behind the wheel" screen, I was 110% absolutely and utterly convinced I could not survive without one - 35+ years of driving etc etc. I was so sure, I almost bought on in advance.

After 3 days, I have proven it's totally unneccessary. This, and regenerative braking became so "second nature" after an incredibly short time, and there is no way now I would buy a behind-the-wheel screen.

I'd rather take that coin, and invest it in other nice-to-have's like bins under the seat, centre console trays, better cup holder - and - a fridge in the rear trunk (I spend a bit of time on the road, tripping from client to client, and cold drinks any time of the day at carton-from-supermarket prices beats whatever the petrol stations are charging lately ($3.00 last time, if I recall?). This is the fridge I got: TESERY Rear Trunk On-Board Refrigerator for Tesla Model Y 2020-2023 Also just found it here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805331123450.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt - even though AlliExpress is cheaper by a little, buying off Tesery might prove to be a better idea as they're a sponsir here, and probably less hassle to deal with if something goes wrong. Free shipping from Tesery as well, and if you get a coupon code from somewhere, they may even work out cheaper ;)

A couple of pointers on the fridge. It operates as a peltier type device, that is to say, there's a plate at the top that gets cold, and radiates that cool down through the fridge. As a result, it doesn't keep things as cold as a full-on fridge, but I figure a can of drink on a hot day that is 10 degrees is both a bonus, and actually not too cold to drink if that makes sense? A second note, if you play no music, or really quiet music, you can slightly hear the fan from this in the driver's seat when stopped, but with tyre noise, it disappears. A third note, the displayed temperature is not 100% accurate, but a recent search tells me this can be "adjusted" to better reflect reality - something I will pursue during my upcoming break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
As for a "behind the wheel" screen,
I considered one but the only one I would consider is one with its own 4G sim card. This would negate the need to hotspot your phone to it, to get Waze etc. In the end my phone is just as good at Waze and does more. I don't miss the "Behind the Wheel". I use the spectacle cleaning solution and a cleaning cloth. whenever I do my sunglasses, I clean the fingerprints from the monitor. I also have a couple of large microfibre cloths in the rear console that I use to clean the fingerprints and dust from the monitor and other interior surfaces. I have not found a need for a protective film. I also have a 35L Dometic fridge/freezer in the back of our Y that I carry water and soft drinks in when we travel. We toss food, drinks, and insulin into it. Takes up a bit of room but we can still get 2 suite cases into the back. I picked up a second 19" hand wheel and plan on fitting an old tyre that is roadworthy enough to get me out of trouble, along with a jack and a compressor, along with a can of goop that will only be used if the spiked tyre is unrepairable. A lot of these items are not required, unless you are the independent type, that travels regional.

I just came a soft close frunk latch.
It looks like a good alternative to an auto frunk install.
Has anyone installed one of these?

I just came a soft close frunk latch.
It looks like a good alternative to an auto frunk install.
Has anyone installed one of these?

Yeah there’s a guy in Sydney who’s installed the Satonic equilavent

Reactions: Goneincognito
Recently picked up the haloblk usb hub

Hub comes with 2 usb-a ports and 1 usb-c on the top to charge devices, and led internal lights to aid with illuminating the front compartment of the centre console to make things easy to see especially in the dark.

IMG_9121.jpeg

IMG_9122.jpeg

IMG_9125.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg

Only thing which would have been good is if the interior lights automatically turned off after a certain time or turned off when sliding the compartment closed but that’s only a minor thing.

Haloblk products are a little on the pricey side but overall am very impressed by the quality of their products. Highly recommend if you’re one who uses the usb ports as this makes it quick and easy and you’re still able to close the sliding cover of the centre console.