Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Air Conditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I picked up my Model Y yesterday. I love the car.

The air conditioning does blow some cold air, but the car could not actually get cold after 20 min of driving.

Do you think I need to regas it? What should I do?

Hi. I picked up my Model Y yesterday. I love the car.

The air conditioning does blow some cold air, but the car could not actually get cold after 20 min of driving.

Do you think I need to regas it? What should I do?
If you're used to the icy cold a/c of say a Toyota, the Tesla a/c does feel under done. If it's blowing cold then it could be it's working to spec, however as suggested only a Tesla tech could give you a definitive answer.

I don’t have Model Y, but I found very early on in my Model 3 that the AC works much better if you just put it on “Auto”. Initially I tried manual temp and fan speed settings, and it never seemed intense enough.

Otherwise, put in a service request.

I have asked for a service appointment, but Tesla service is more than an hour away.

It works if I put the temperature down to 18 degrees celcius. But in all of my old cars it was at 23.

I still need to leave it in the sun to heat up to test it again. I will leave the service appt and drive the necessary distance.

I have asked for a service appointment, but Tesla service is more than an hour away.

It works if I put the temperature down to 18 degrees celcius. But in all of my old cars it was at 23.

I still need to leave it in the sun to heat up to test it again. I will leave the service appt and drive the necessary distance.
Does Tesla provide mobile service in your area? Seems like this is something that could be diagnosed and repaired onsite.