Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y and services completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first EV vehicle and still trying to get use to adjusting to the battery consumption while driving it. I went and picked up my MYP late of March and had some services done to it. I had gotten a ok to drive - power reduced within the first 100 miles on it. I was kind of freaked out about but was still able to drive home, I was only allowed to drive below 65mph:(. I was cruising very slowly on my way home from work. Had called some people at tesla and found out that it was the oil pump going out and needed to be replace, went to get it service and replaced. Wanted to see if I could add any of the other minor issues I had with it but they were tight with schedule and could only fix this. So I was ok with that and had them fix it. Took about a day and a half to replace the oil pump and I was done. Second service, I was missing the spoiler and performance badge and so they were able to do that. I also asked them if they could have resolve the other issue I had as well. They said they were also tight on schedule so I just went with it. My third schedule service, I've added all the fine details that I was having. The charging port door not closing correctly, the passenger airbag pillar not sealed all the way, the coat hanger not closing, the back door behind the passenger isn't align correctly when closed, tail light on the driver side has a orange/red and brake (was told that this was a euro tail light), and the opposite side of the charge port isn't align as well. The service center was able to resolve all but the three items. The charging port cover and airbag pillar needs to be replace and mobile service can do those. The coat hanger seems to be a flaw in design and the tesla service center was having issues trying to get that to close. They've tried a new coat hanger and it will close off the car but when they added it to the car, it would prevent it from closing. It seems that it rub up against the airbag on that area which is preventing it from closing. It's being sent back to the tesla engineer team to resolve it. So no idea when thats going to get resolve. My forth service is going to be those last two items. Other than that, I really love the car.

I went and picked up my MYP late of March and had some services done to it. I had gotten a ok to drive - power reduced within the first 100 miles on it. I was kind of freaked out about but was still able to drive home, I was only allowed to drive below 65mph:(.

I am confused. Are you saying when you first picked up your new vehicle there was some known problem and you were told to only drive below 65 mph?

I'm waiting to get my coat hanger fixed too on the rear driver side. I was able to close it but I have to push slowly to close it. If it push fast it doesn't latch. The other rear passenger side coat hanger will click close. At this point I'm not sure if I even want them to try and fix it there's going to be some collateral damage that they may cause trying to fix something that technically still works, but just not perfectly.

I'm waiting to get my coat hanger fixed too on the rear driver side. I was able to close it but I have to push slowly to close it. If it push fast it doesn't latch. The other rear passenger side coat hanger will click close. At this point I'm not sure if I even want them to try and fix it there's going to be some collateral damage that they may cause trying to fix something that technically still works, but just not perfectly.

These coat hangers were designed by a team of engineers after a night of hardcore partying to say the least.

It is flawed for sure...

Sorry about that, when I first picked it up, it was driving fine for the first 100 miles and then I got the error about ok to drive- reduce speed and please schedule a service.

Grats! What color did you get and when did you place your order, how long did it take, I ordered a Midnight silver then I changed it to Blue with the Gemini wheels so I am still waiting, hoping that the QC is better with all future builds.

Fred

Sounds like your average Model Y experience.. They keep delaying my mobile appointments and its annoying because I take time off work only to be surprised by "the parts needed for your repair are not in stock" on the day of a mobile service appointment.. Today I got a random text from Tesla wanting pictures of each issue which I sent, but never heard back.. terrible communication but at the end they usually get things fixed. They just suck at coordination and timing.

I am still waiting on;
coat hanger
flooded taillight with water
rear seat panels coming off
b pillar damaged

recently fixed;
steering wheel alignment
fender alignment
window seal leaky

We really love the Model Y performance. No regrets. Esp since Its the first edition.. I am a BMW fan, also love Lexus, so I am used to high quality fit and finish along with superb customer service, like getting a back massage while enjoying a parfait during an oil change (not joking, that's BMW service)

• Informative
Reactions: firerock
Grats! What color did you get and when did you place your order, how long did it take, I ordered a Midnight silver then I changed it to Blue with the Gemini wheels so I am still waiting, hoping that the QC is better with all future builds.

Fred

I had went with the White exterior and black interior, I kind of regret not getting the white interior. I've ordered mine some time early this year in January, got a call from Tesla at the end of March that someone had cancelled their order and they had one available if I wanted to pick it up near the end of March. So, I was thrill to be able to get the car so soon. Lucky for that person that cancelled, didn't end up with all these issues. I was hoping that QC learned from their mistakes with all the issues with the Model 3 production but I guess not......

Reactions: PStewart
Sounds like your average Model Y experience.. They keep delaying my mobile appointments and its annoying because I take time off work only to be surprised by "the parts needed for your repair are not in stock" on the day of a mobile service appointment.. Today I got a random text from Tesla wanting pictures of each issue which I sent, but never heard back.. terrible communication but at the end they usually get things fixed. They just suck at coordination and timing.

I am still waiting on;
coat hanger
flooded taillight with water
rear seat panels coming off
b pillar damaged

recently fixed;
steering wheel alignment
fender alignment
window seal leaky

We really love the Model Y performance. No regrets. Esp since Its the first edition.. I am a BMW fan, also love Lexus, so I am used to high quality fit and finish along with superb customer service, like getting a back massage while enjoying a parfait during an oil change (not joking, that's BMW service)

It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one having these similar issues and I 100% agree with you on the no regrets with the Model Y performance. I've always gone and scheduled my appointments with the Tesla service center around my area, they seem to be quick and responsive. This is my first time scheduling with the mobile service, so lets see how long its going to take. The quality control might not be there but it still a fun car to drive.

It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one having these similar issues and I 100% agree with you on the no regrets with the Model Y performance. I've always gone and scheduled my appointments with the Tesla service center around my area, they seem to be quick and responsive. This is my first time scheduling with the mobile service, so lets see how long its going to take. The quality control might not be there but it still a fun car to drive.

Yeah, plus I think once Tesla works out all the kinks, this car will be completely satisfying. The warranty is long enough esp the drivetrain warranty. So it’s just a matter of putting up with these QC flaws, hopefully just for now