Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y breaker location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that the Model Y uses breakers inside the vehicle to protect the wiring. All my previous vehicles used fuses. I also understand that these are the type of breakers that reset themselves automatically after some period of time passes? How do they reset exactly? Is it when they cool down? Does anyone know where the Model Y breakers are located?

I understand that the Model Y uses breakers inside the vehicle to protect the wiring. All my previous vehicles used fuses. I also understand that these are the type of breakers that reset themselves automatically after some period of time passes? How do they reset exactly? Is it when they cool down? Does anyone know where the Model Y breakers are located?
The "breakers" are electronic monitoring circuits and they are not discrete components. They are integrated into the vehicle controllers, there are VC_LEFT, VC_RIGHT, and VC_FRONT controllers. They are big circuit boards located in the driver and passenger footwells and in the firewall in the frunk. Some of the circuits only reset after a certain amount of time or after the car goes to sleep and wakes up again. The others, I'm not entirely sure. There is nothing for you to physically check through, and the most you can do to reset a circuit is to Power Off the vehicle for a few minutes Model Y Do It Yourself | Tesla.