Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone has an existing whole home surge protection with its breaker that was used to also connect the Wall Connector (gen3)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that this is residential electrical question and depends on where you live the inspection may vary. And not looking for residential electrical code related feedbacks. Following is more of general question on what others are doing, which may or may not apply to my location.

Currently i do have first breaker at 60A to the mainline that feeds the whole home surge protection.

After doing the load calculations, current service size of 200A can support Wall Connector at 60A.

Has anyone tied into their existing whole home surge breaker for installing the Wall Connector?

Researching this online, seems to be a hit and miss, some says whole home surge protector should be on its dedicated breaker. And others say can be shared.

And not looking for residential electrical code related feedbacks.
Well....that's what I've got.
Researching this online, seems to be a hit and miss, some says whole home surge protector should be on its dedicated breaker. And others say can be shared.
That's from the surge protector consideration, but it is no question that EV charging equipment is required to be on its own dedicated breaker.

Reactions: ev919