Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Charging Pad w/ a Thick Case

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Galaxy Note 10 is protected by a Spigen Tough Armor case, and the charging pad isn't strong enough to charge through it. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and have you found an aftermarket wireless charging pad that works for thicker cases?

I know Qi charging through the case is possible, as that's how I charge my phone every night. Using an old, off-brand Qi charger that I've had for probably 3 years now which has no problem charging through the case.

I'm having the same issue with my Note 9 with Spigen Thin Fit 360 case. I don't think it's the thickness of the case but maybe the size of the phone. I posted this issue on a different thread and a member said that he was purchasing the Jeda wireless for him MY. I'll post a response once he tests it out.

I'm having the same issue with my Note 9 with Spigen Thin Fit 360 case. I don't think it's the thickness of the case but maybe the size of the phone. I posted this issue on a different thread and a member said that he was purchasing the Jeda wireless for him MY. I'll post a response once he tests it out.
I have a Note 9 with an Otterbox case. In the MY it will not charge with the case on the phone but if I remove the case it charges fine. Since I rarely have to charge in the car I will just remove the case if I need to use it but it would be nice if it could charge through the case like my home Qi charger.

Samsung 10+ charges fine without case.
However normally have it in a plastic case with 2 credit cards at the back and it won't charge in that. Btw my home wireless charger does charge through the case though.