Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y confirmed power lift gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw someone get picked up in a Blue Model Y at San Jose Airport! The lift gate automatically opened when pressed, opened up fairly wide, not too slow either. Very similar to the X’s.

Also, it had the same 63277 license plate that all the other ones seems around the area and other states had. I’m wondering if all the model Y’s we’ve seen have been early employee models.

Just saw someone get picked up in a Blue Model Y at San Jose Airport! The lift gate automatically opened when pressed, opened up fairly wide, not too slow either. Very similar to the X’s.

Also, it had the same 63277 license plate that all the other ones seems around the area and other states had. I’m wondering if all the model Y’s we’ve seen have been early employee models.

I think upon closer inspection all of the MFR (manufacturer plates) have a small and different number on the plate that differentiates it from the other plates with the Tesla 63277 number on them.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 132

I know this post is old, but the wife took a ride in the Model 3 and it was larger than she anticipated, this her interest shifted to the Model Y and asked if it had a power lift gate. Put it in google and this post confirmed it. Can’t wait for the physical specs for the production model is released.