Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y delivery call from Vegas then silence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Vegas today saying model Y would be ready for delivery this month. LR Black/black 19 inch full self Los Angeles. Lady asked me to switch my loan from bank America to Tesla and that I’d be getting a call shortly with delivery info. Never got another call... anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Electric Steve
I got a call from Vegas today saying model Y would be ready for delivery this month. LR Black/black 19 inch full self Los Angeles. Lady asked me to switch my loan from bank America to Tesla and that I’d be getting a call shortly with delivery info. Never got another call... anyone else experience this?

Unfortunately "shortly" can mean anything from a few hours to days. Haven't heard much, if anything about getting a call to switch financing, someone else might have more insight to that part.

Up until last week they were calling folks with black MY and asking them to switch. They were told wait time for black is 2-3 months. This is the first post I am seeing about black car getting delivered in this month.

Is the factory still producing cars?

We went through this a lot. Very little calls and then in the last week several calls. I had read on the forums here not to wait but to reach out to your advisor. If you do not know who that is just call 1-725-205-6457 and any advisor can help you. They will at least tell you what they know. I have learned there is what "They know" the ones in Vegas and there is a separate "They know" once you have been assigned a VIN and are in the process of receiving the car. This "They know" are the people at the local service center. I would start with Vegas and then go local depending on what you learn

BTW - we received our Model Y performance on Thursday (4 days earlier than we were told by our advisor) in Tampa

Keith

Reactions: Siryozha
Up until last week they were calling folks with black MY and asking them to switch. They were told wait time for black is 2-3 months. This is the first post I am seeing about black car getting delivered in this month.

Is the factory still producing cars?
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Yeah I was surprised to receive the call because it sounded like no black cars for a while... we will see if this actually delivers. Will call them today.

I love tesla, have loved my model x for 3 years but sometimes this company is such a mess. I called them back and the guy told me they havent seen any black cars and not sure why the lady called me to set up delivery. Said it would be another month or so probably. Pretty pissed.

I love tesla, have loved my model x for 3 years but sometimes this company is such a mess. I called them back and the guy told me they havent seen any black cars and not sure why the lady called me to set up delivery. Said it would be another month or so probably. Pretty pissed.

I am not sure why they are not giving realistic timelines. With Fremont and Nevada factory shutdown, I think we are looking at 2-3 months wait time at the very least.