Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y estimate delivery date lower date keeps moving up by 1 day. Can anyone tell me if this is good or bad.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So exciting!! We ordered our MYLR June 8, and the date keeps changing and it's stressing me out!! haha I'm in Winnipeg, but we're picking up in Calgary, so it's been really hard to plan. I hope we have close to the same timeline as you, which would put us at the beginning of September. Did the VIN just show up on your account?
When I went to my account on the app, instead of getting the "update insurance info" screen like I usually get, I got amessage about "Full Self Driving and Autopilot will be using Tesla Vision and not radar" and then a blue button that said something like "Proceed with Delivery"
.. clicking that, gave me a screen with 2 documents, that indicated my order information and my vin, and the estimated km on the car.

I then got an email the next day re scheduling home drop-off, and then on the next day, a phone call giving me options for home delivery of Service center pick-up.
.. Andrew (you have a long haul to get to calgary!)

When I went to my account on the app, instead of getting the "update insurance info" screen like I usually get, I got amessage about "Full Self Driving and Autopilot will be using Tesla Vision and not radar" and then a blue button that said something like "Proceed with Delivery"
.. clicking that, gave me a screen with 2 documents, that indicated my order information and my vin, and the estimated km on the car.

I then got an email the next day re scheduling home drop-off, and then on the next day, a phone call giving me options for home delivery of Service center pick-up.
.. Andrew (you have a long haul to get to calgary!)
Yes, it was either Calgary or Saskatoon. We have family in Calgary, and the flights were cheaper, so we opted for Calgary (haven't seen family through the whole pandemic, so that's kind of a bonus).

Thank you very much for the information. I'm checking my account constantly!

Baltimore, MD - Order placed April 2021 - Details finalized July 2021 - White LR AWD, white interior, 7seat, tow-hitch, standard wheels. I have not received a VIN yet. Delivery date bounces from September to October. I also have a trade-in, but at this point I think I'll remove it and deal with it myself.

Baltimore, MD - Order placed April 2021 - Details finalized July 2021 - White LR AWD, white interior, 7seat, tow-hitch, standard wheels. I have not received a VIN yet. Delivery date bounces from September to October. I also have a trade-in, but at this point I think I'll remove it and deal with it myself.
My delivery date bounced around a bit between September and October, then held for last week of September. I got my VIN number last week. I then got an insurance policy. A couple days later received a text to schedule delivery day/time. Due to pick-up Sept 28. In all that time I didn’t call or speak to any of the sales associates… just patiently waited for the update. In my experience the delivery date was on point, and the fluctuation shows they try to provide the most accurate date given varying circumstances.