Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y front brake rotors on the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend with a model Y that got a set of Rotora BBK for his Y and they threw a model 3 set on the front and the fronts fit. The rear is slightly different and needed some work
6F864CF7-A623-44DC-B572-D3D744BA1267.jpeg

Yeah or get the MPP discs so that I don't have to deal with the hub bs... Still leaves the rear caliper but maybe the rear caliper from an S would fit?

My main "concern" at this point is "feel." I miss the brakes on my BMW - by far the most impressive thing about that car. I know that changing pads might help, but I don't know if that'll get it to where I want. If it weren't for regen, I probably would've done something about it by now. Got the MPP brace but that's only part of the equation.

IMO the S Calipers aren't worth the headache. The only rotor option is RB. Base 3 rear calipers work fine, or you can upgrade to PUP ones.

The hub is easy to work around, $15 worth of spacers - problem solved! Also, if you have an AWD your wheels already have the machined detent for the hub, so it wouldn't be an issue anyway.

I have a friend with a model Y that got a set of Rotora BBK for his Y and they threw a model 3 set on the front and the fronts fit. The rear is slightly different and needed some workView attachment 641810

Is your buddy’s Y a performance? Loren @ Rotora was telling me that there was an a difference in the rear on the performance. I believe it had something to do with the hub being different and the Rotora parking brake actuator not clearing it.

the Rotora parking brake actuator mounts perpendicular to the caliper bracket.

DC2F86A1-2158-471E-ACED-CC73235BECBA.jpeg

Is your buddy’s Y a performance? Loren @ Rotora was telling me that there was an a difference in the rear on the performance. I believe it had something to do with the hub being different and the Rotora parking brake actuator not clearing it.

the Rotora parking brake actuator mounts perpendicular to the caliper bracket.

View attachment 641848
No it’s not unless he de-badged it. He did say the performance EPB is in a different location than the regular Y.

@MasterC17: my brother will give me his front brakes from his '21MY Performance. I assume they will fit my '21M3LR? Also, would you happen to know if my stock 18s (will be using for winter wheels) fit the front MY Performance brakes if I ran a spacer? Or will that not be sufficient enough to clear the bigger caliper? Thanks!