Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y hood gap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey peeps. I just took deliver of my Modely Y Perf today. It's amazing.

That said, it looks like the alignment/gap of the hood and front bumper aren't great along the very front. Anyone else have a similar funky gap?

IMG_20200327_150732.jpg

I think people inspect Tesla’s more than other cars. Here is a picture of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I honestly never noticed until I started reading Tesla forums and people talked about panel gaps. I realize now all cars have these imperfections Tesla’s just have active critics and fans who over examine every small detail.

Attachments

• BD502E34-06DD-44E3-88DE-5988312DD48D.jpeg
    BD502E34-06DD-44E3-88DE-5988312DD48D.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: 03DSG
You should be able to adjust that with the two rubber feet on the inside of the frunk lid. Just twist counter clockwise to increase the gap slightly on each side which should straighten it out. There are a number of videos on model 3 frunk adjustment, and it’s the same in the Y. I did it on delivery for mine, and takes about 2 minutes. Hope it works out for you as well!

You should be able to adjust that with the two rubber feet on the inside of the frunk lid. Just twist counter clockwise to increase the gap slightly on each side which should straighten it out. There are a number of videos on model 3 frunk adjustment, and it’s the same in the Y. I did it on delivery for mine, and takes about 2 minutes. Hope it works out for you as well!

Thanks for the tip! Looks like that might have helped a little bit, but the adjustable nubs aren't long enough to make it 100% better. I wonder if longer versions exist?