Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Insurance Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's open a dialogue about Model Y auto insurance costs. The M3 is higher than most ICE cars to ensure on average from what I've seen/heard. Do you think the Model Y will be close to the rates the M3 sees? Perhaps higher due to unibody construction? That's certainly an unknown for me with a pre-order on the MY.

My driving record is clean. Everything in and around NYC is double or triple the price - Its unfair. It is what it is.
Agree too that, big cities suck. Out of a whim I asked my home insurance company for a quote on a Model X last year knowing that I would hopefully get my Model Y soon. They quoted me $2563 Cdn/year o_O. Keep in mind I've never insured a car with them before, so no extras, and we didn't go into details for the little bits and bobs they might be able to shave off. But they gave me a base $$$...I live downtown Toronto.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
great qustion. I asked AAA and they quoted me a crazy amount for the 3. They explained to me that its like owning a mercedes but worse because the parts are so difficult to get.

FYI tesla has their own car insurance which is way cheaper. Maybe we can look into that?