Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR reservation for Sale. Save $500!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree with others that asking 8500 makes absolutely no sense for anyone to buy your reservation, I will agree with you that 70k is market value for the car.

I can post screenshots here of a dealer offering 71k for my 22 YLR.

As for actually transferring them, It’s all about finding someone who knows how to do it. Otherwise, you’re in for a rough ride riddled with anxiety. I just helped someone acquire one and they took delivery today at the 57,990 pricing.

They paid 1k to the reservation holder. Plus the 250 fee which is recouped during financing.

You can either:
A. Sell the reservation for something like a 50/50 split.

B. Buy the car and sell it for 70k, which is quite easy.

The market for CA.. is quite different than the market for VA. You also have to figure in taking delivery means $55K +$1250 delivery +$250 documentation +sales taxes +registration & tags +additional personal property taxes in VA (extra 3.5% annually). So the take-home on this car is about $63K.

I do agree it can still sell for a profit.. probably about $68K max.. so the OP can walk away with up to $5,000 in profit. And that's selling it immediately. The longer you keep it, the more you end up paying insurance and losing slight resale value.. and of course any risk of damage to the vehicle. If all you care about is walking away with cash.. would still be better to let someone else take delivery and pay you for the reservation.