Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y mobile charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y in February and it was delivered today without a mobile charger? Should it have come with one? Can I complain for a free one?

Also, I’m returning my model 3 lease and they are charging $275 for the charging unit! It’s $200 online for a new one.

I ordered my Model Y in February and it was delivered today without a mobile charger? Should it have come with one? Can I complain for a free one?

Also, I’m returning my model 3 lease and they are charging $275 for the charging unit! It’s $200 online for a new one.
Yes, you should have received one. Use your app and make a service appt. Hopefully they can drop one off at your house.

They emailed you a code. My order was in Feb as well, the day I got the VIN I got an email subject line "Redeem Your Charging Solution". $200 credit to the Tesla store that can be used for either for the mobile connector or the wall connector.

1664463268871.png

Reactions: voxel
Our Model Y LR will be delivered the end of this month. I got the email with the $200 credit to buy the Mobile charger and there are actually two options on the Tesla store. They are both $200 and one shows Out of Stock (Corded Mobile Connector) and the other is in stock (Mobile Connector). It appears the one in stock Mobile Connector comes with 5-15 and 14-50 and the Out of Stock Corded Mobile Connector says only 14-50. Does this mean the 14-50 is not removable? It also say "improved charging speed compared to the Mobile connector" I already have a Tesla wall charger so in no real hurry to get this Mobile charger so if the Corded Mobile Connector that is out of stock is the better charger I could wait on that one. Does any know the deal on this?
Snag_6b4f523.png
Snag_6b52a0e.png
Mobile chargers.jpg

Does this mean the 14-50 is not removable? It also say "improved charging speed compared to the Mobile connector" I already have a Tesla wall charger so in no real hurry to get this Mobile charger so if the Corded Mobile Connector that is out of stock is the better charger I could wait on that one. Does any know the deal on this?
Yes, the Corded Mobile Connector comes with a fixed NEMA 14-50 plug. The benefit of the fixed plug is that it enables charging at 40 amps versus 32 amps with the standard Mobile Connector due to the modular, interchangeable power plug adapters.

The Corded Mobile Connector is frequently back ordered. The standard Mobile Connector kit now comes with the NEMA 240V 14-50 power plug adapter in addition to the 120V NEMA 5-15 plug adapter. The standard Mobile Connector is limited to 32 amps but will accept many different NEMA power plug adapters.

Yes, the Corded Mobile Connector comes with a fixed NEMA 14-50 plug. The benefit of the fixed plug is that it enables charging at 40 amps versus 32 amps with the standard Mobile Connector due to the modular, interchangeable power plug adapters.

The Corded Mobile Connector is frequently back ordered. The standard Mobile Connector kit now comes with the NEMA 240V 14-50 power plug adapter in addition to the 120V NEMA 5-15 plug adapter. The standard Mobile Connector is limited to 32 amps but will accept many different NEMA power plug adapters.
Thanks, great info! I am in know hurry so I guess I will click the notify when available. I already have a mobile charger has the swappable plugs. Any idea how often these become available or is just sporadically in an out?