Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y or Mustang Mach-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the most part, no.

If you look on EA's site, you'll see that at an EA location, one of those stalls might have 350 kW, one might have 125 kW and one might have 75 kW. If someone is using the 350 kW or 125 kW station, then you're stuck at the 75 kW station.

Tesla's new v3 Superchargers would have up to 250 kW at all stalls. Some locations are being upgraded and have a combination of v3 and v2 Superchargers, allowing up to 250 kW or 150 kW, respectively, but they will probably upgrade all stalls at those locations to 250 kW. The vast majority of Tesla Superchargers are currently up to 150 kW. Urban Superchargers also exist and provide up to 72 kW. Also, each stall at a Tesla Supercharger is only counted as one stall whereas EA might list it as two because it has two cables on it.

The most stalls I've seen at at Tesla location was 40. The largest EA location that I've seen had 4 stalls (with 8 cables!)
Not exactly true--The two sites I looked at on the Ohio Turnpike and just north of Youngstown, Ohio had four charging stations with 2 pump handles each) with charging speeds of 150kW to 350 KW, one charging station at 50kW for the CHAdeMO plug and 150kW for the CCS outlet. EA 50kW and 150 kW on same pump.JPG 350kW is faster than Tesla can handle.

Attachments

• EA 350 kW station.JPG
    EA 350 kW station.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 32
  • EA salt springs drive Giro Ohio.JPG
    EA salt springs drive Giro Ohio.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 39
Not exactly true--The two sites I looked at on the Ohio Turnpike and just north of Youngstown, Ohio had four charging stations with 2 pump handles each) with charging speeds of 150kW to 350 KW, one charging station at 50kW for the CHAdeMO plug and 150kW for the CCS outlet. View attachment 499810 350kW is faster than Tesla can handle.
What part of what I said wasn't true? Those four stations may have 8 cables but can only charge 4 cars simultaneously.

f you look on EA's site, you'll see that at an EA location, one of those stalls might have 350 kW, one might have 125 kW and one might have 75 kW. If someone is using the 350 kW or 125 kW station, then you're stuck at the 75 kW station
EA is only producing 150kw to 350kW CCS charging stalls. No 125, no 75 for CSS.

Unless I've missed something, the Mach E has neither. Maybe they have adaptive cruise control.

Actually, they are going to release a hands free driver assist package with eye tracking like Cadillac Supercruise. Details are sparse because they are taking a cue from Tesla and not releasing the software until after release with an OTA. Ford to introduce hands-free assist system with Mustang Mach-E

Of all the things other manufacturers should copy from Tesla, releasing cars with promises instead of delivered features was not one I was expecting or hoping for. :rolleyes:

The vast majority of Tesla Superchargers are currently up to 150 kW

Eh, 150kW shared. I seem to always have to share at superchargers when I take road trips around here. If EA individual stations are dedicated, that might actually be an advantage.

But EA hasn't proved their worth yet on network reliability. See lots of complaints about down stations. Tesla ain't perfect, but at least when they have a bank of 10 and 3 are down, you can still usually get juice at the other spots.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I like the idea of a better-handling car, and I assume the Mach-E out-handles most of the Teslas (perhaps not the performance 3--sadly, I could not deal with the seats). But I don't want to be the guinea pig on the Ford and Porsche is too expensive. Hoping the Y meets my needs.

I wouldn't assume the Mach-E will handle better than a Tesla. When the model Y was launched I seem to remember it being stated that it would have very similar handling to Model 3, given the way the battery pack is placed in the vehicle, I expect handling on the Y to be pretty good.