Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y order page is live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told buy an on-line SA that the battery pack on a MY RWD was 75kW but Drive say it is the same as the M3 RWD at 62kW.
I wish Tesla would just say what the battery pack size is on each model.
all online articles are based on USA models... in USA they don't sell MY RWD anymore... so all number are MYLR and MYP... copy pasted articles are the disaster waiting to happen....
We are getting same as Model 3, but bigger body.... think like Hulk before/after turning green - minus the extra strength and anger... lol

Does the model y come with the Mobile Connector?

This information is from the tesla website but it may be outdated:
Can I use a normal 230V outlet to charge?
Yes. The Mobile Connector is included as standard equipment with all new Tesla cars and can plug into a 10 amp 230V outlet. This provides approximately 10km of range per hour of charge. For the best home charging experience, we recommend installing a Wall Connector.

Thanks

I was told buy an on-line SA that the battery pack on a MY RWD was 75kW but Drive say it is the same as the M3 RWD at 62kW.
I wish Tesla would just say what the battery pack size is on each model.
Batteries seem to be

RWD : BTF1 battery which is the 60kwh LFP thats been in later M3 RWD cars.
Performance : BT43 battery (E5LD made, 78.8kWh by LG), also likely to be in the LR.

The 82kwh battery mentioned earlier is the BT42 Panasonic battery but that doesn’t seem to be going into the MYP. If you geek out on html you’ll see the MTYxx codes for each car and from that you can google the batteries and spec.

That said, at the end of the day, the range figures are what’s important.

I see they have nerfed the motor so it only does 6.9 seconds. No more “Tesla Smile” for the Made in Shanghai 3/Y owners. I resent having to buy from Shanghai - no more high density batteries and no more quick acceleration.
Remember there is no RWD option in the states and the LFP batteries are robust so degrade slower and you can charge to 100% any time you want. This is longer range than the one that was temporarily available in the states.

And so there’s little that annoys about the Model Y, much to savour. Sure, the ride could be better but it’s no deal breaker. Especially as the price is certainly agreeable, the efficiency is great, as is the general ease of use and practicality. Get in before prices rise (they are bound to as they have overseas) and delivery times blow out.

very lucky today to get a test drive in a blue Model Y RWD. What a great car, certainly feels and looks bigger, the trunk storage is huge, legroom in the back seats really generous and the finish quality looked great. Felt heavier to drive and not quite as fast as the AWD model 3 but still plenty good enough. Really looking forward to the arrival of the Model Y for delivery.