Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Ordering & Delivery in AZ Oct 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my LR AWD Model Y online on Thursday, 10/1/20. I went through all the steps required, including info on my trade-in ( a 2009 RAV4A). I got Tesla's trade-in offer the same day.
The next day, I took the RAV4 to Carmax to get their appraisal. Carmax offered me $2100 more than Tesla, so you can guess where I sold the RAV4.

On Mon 10/5 I got the text from Tesla, giving me my VIN and asking me to schedule delivery. They offered some times on Thurs, 10/8 but they were late in the day, and I didn't want to play in rush hour traffic after delivery, so opted for a morning slot on Fri 10/9.

I have a 57xxx VIN.

With delivery being scheduled so soon after ordering, I was a little concerned that the car might have been rejected by someone else. When we inspected the car at delivery, I could find no fault with body panels at all, and found only one tiny spot where the paint is less than great on the edge of one panel. The tail lights and charge port door are all good.

Odo at time of delivery was 6 miles, so not one that someone had returned.

After hearing so many stories of poor assembly quality, I wanted to let people know that there are signs that Tesla is listening and taking steps to improve.

I have had the car for a week, now and I'm having a ball with it.

Tim