Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Outdoor Car Cover Tesla Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the $300 outdoor cover from Tesla because I don't have a garage. I have a huge oak tree hovering over the car. And before you report me to PETA, I love all animals. All of them. But these ****ing birds are laughing at my fake owl. I think the fake owl now comforts them. Since it is illegal in Texas to cut down an oak tree, I need to protect the car when I am not home. I spend half my time in another country and as soon as life returns to normal I will be gone two weeks at a time.

My question is: Are there any issues if I have the cover on and the car plugged in for 2.5 weeks at a time in the great Texas heat that could reach 100 degrees? The car gets direct sunlight for about 5hrs every day. I am concerned the cover will take the temperature to a place that could damage the car. Should I turn the AC remotely every once in a while?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Hector

Do you park on the street or on your own property? If it's the latter, maybe you can get a car tent or canopy to protect against direct sun exposure and avian droppings, while allowing ample air circulation for the car. This also avoids potential paint damage from a cover rubbing against the car or having moisture trapped under the cover.

Reactions: kindofblue
Car covers are fine when your car is freshly washed and its a new car cover. Anything after that you're basically taking a really heavy piece of cloth with trapped dirt/dust and rubbing it on your dirty paint. That being said... it is way better than bird droppings directly on your paint. Bird droppings left on your paint for days at a time will definitely scar your paint.

Reactions: beezy