Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model Y Performance 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just ordered the Model Y Performance on 6/14. The next day the price went up 2K. Does anyone know if i am locked in for the price I put the order in at or when it comes time to actually putting the money down, I will have to pay at the price its at now? First time tesla "owner" so not sure how this works!

Hi,

I just ordered the Model Y Performance on 6/14. The next day the price went up 2K. Does anyone know if i am locked in for the price I put the order in at or when it comes time to actually putting the money down, I will have to pay at the price its at now? First time tesla "owner" so not sure how this works!
It is not when money is put down. However you should fill out your profile and upload all the details except payment. Once configuration is done then it is considered locked. I made a mistake of not filling out profile and details for 3 weeks after placing order.

Hi,

yes, and if the same pattern holds from the Spring, you still can alter the configuration and retain the pricing of that date.