Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Delivery ETA Pulled for New Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No eta is given for any new orders. Are we having a wheel shortage or something? Isn’t like we have that much difference.

I read a rumor the flagship y models (performance?) are having people go over them extra at the factory and it takes more time so they deliver perfect but that sounds like just that. A rumor. Doubt it’s true.

Ooph.. hope i am not the cause for some of the MYP getting delayed right now.

I just returned mine yesterday after having it for 2 weeks. i received an extension after the first few days because i found out that the tires on the car were summer only.. the SA told me they were all seasons (picked it up on a saturday).. by monday i was on the phone with them trying to resolve it. I live in the northeast.. they never disclosed the summer only tire thing to me.. not too big of a deal but ... you can't buy FREAKING 21" tires for it that aren't summer only. so then i would need wheels too!! almost 4k bucks later i said.. no thanks.. they asked me to KEEP the MY until they come up with a solution for me... well, their solution never came. I received an extension... by the end of the second week i have had enough and returned it. the boss at the SC couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic.. I love the MY and i am planning on buying a long range in the future i just want them to get their acts together.

A simple summer only tire disclosure would have sufficed.. OR better yet, put some all season P Zero's on it. why on earth they would sell it with summer only's is beyond me. the all season P Zero's are more than enough to handle what the car can do. I was willing to buy all season's but you just can't pull it off on those wheels. and that's where i draw the line. poor planning.

I just returned mine yesterday after having it for 2 weeks. i received an extension after the first few days because i found out that the tires on the car were summer only.. the SA told me they were all seasons (picked it up on a saturday).. by monday i was on the phone with them trying to resolve it. I live in the northeast.. they never disclosed the summer only tire thing to me.. not too big of a deal but ... you can't buy FREAKING 21" tires for it that aren't summer only. so then i would need wheels too!! almost 4k bucks later i said.. no thanks.. they asked me to KEEP the MY until they come up with a solution for me... well, their solution never came. I received an extension... by the end of the second week i have had enough and returned it. the boss at the SC couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic.. I love the MY and i am planning on buying a long range in the future i just want them to get their acts together.

A simple summer only tire disclosure would have sufficed.. OR better yet, put some all season P Zero's on it. why on earth they would sell it with summer only's is beyond me. the all season P Zero's are more than enough to handle what the car can do. I was willing to buy all season's but you just can't pull it off on those wheels. and that's where i draw the line. poor planning.

I originally had a Model Y Performance on order, but eventually cancelled and switched to a LR. Loved the way the Performance looked, but couldn't reconcile having an SUV that traded off looks for less utility. The show stopper on the Performance was having summer tires only; like you said, this would automatically mean having to immediately purchase another set of rims and tires for at least $4k, then having to store the extra wheels at home somewhere. It didn't help that no compatible all-season 21" tires are even currently available on the market.

What really made the decision to switch to the LR much easier was the Acceleration Boost upgrade!

Looks like i just got a confirmation that they are on hold because of the summer tires. Its a liability being you cant even get winter tires for those rims in the proper ratings (Including XL load). No word on how long or if anything is being worked on.

It seems odd that it’s just now being brought up. You’d think tire availability would be a part of the initial wheel design and selection process.

Not when they wanted to lock up the tires as Tesla only. Had to pick something nobody else made Atleast for the time being. But it does make sense they haven’t produced a single performance because of the tires. Initially Michelin was supposed to supply all season tires and pirelli summer tires but Michelin decided against the front size for some reason. I talked to them earlier and they have a non XL load rating tire in front size coming soon. Nothing in an XL though.

I’d rather have some lighter 19s or 20s. I wouldn’t mind if they cut the price $2k and offered an alternative solution.

Agree with you on that for cheaper price. Michelin did just call me and say he searched it up a little higher up and he did find them but they are locked up as a OE in negotiation. So maybe Tesla is trying to work something on a price for a bulk purchase. But said it would prob be December before any production starts.

Reactions: KevinTNValley

Which SC is this (noticed ur in NJ)?