Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Florida - Delivery timelines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks,
Just sharing my EDD delivery changed to Sep 1 to Oct 13. from July 17 to Aug 30. I have ordered MYP Black interior, black exterior, no tow, FSD.

Anybody else observing the change in dates? I do have a trade in and its all completed in the profile. Not sure why the big jump?

Do you have trade in on your order? There are several thread on common issues that cause order delay. If none of those apply to you it could be someone who ordered before you decided to upgrade to performance. No one can tell you for certain but you had a two week window and not it changed back to a wider window. Normally the window gets smaller as you approach delivery. Mine came in very quickly though and almost two weeks ahead of time with very little notice. The delivery dates are very frustrating to put it mildly.

On average a MYP is taking about 3 months order to delivery. This will vary with configuration and location but generally that’s about what to expect. LR will take significantly longer.

Do you have trade in on your order? There are several thread on common issues that cause order delay. If none of those apply to you it could be someone who ordered before you decided to upgrade to performance. No one can tell you for certain but you had a two week window and not it changed back to a wider window. Normally the window gets smaller as you approach delivery. Mine came in very quickly though and almost two weeks ahead of time with very little notice. The delivery dates are very frustrating to put it mildly.

On average a MYP is taking about 3 months order to delivery. This will vary with configuration and location but generally that’s about what to expect. LR will take significantly longer.

Are trade ins delaying things now?

Are trade ins delaying things now?
I believe There is a confusion on profile complete date vs. order date and trade in is part of the profile completion so not sure but i have had once trade in quote expired and did it again now it expires on July 17th and have to do it again, but if they are going by order date then its more than 3 months i should get it before Aug 9th now its somewhere between sep and oct.

Hey Folks,
Just sharing my EDD delivery changed to Sep 1 to Oct 13. from July 17 to Aug 30. I have ordered MYP Black interior, black exterior, no tow, FSD.

Anybody else observing the change in dates? I do have a trade in and its all completed in the profile. Not sure why the big jump?
I ordered alMost the same on March 15th . MYP black black with tow , no fsd
Edd now July to September

We ordered back on September 30th a Model Y Long Range and just got our delivery a week ago. I believe that they are prioritizing the FSD orders as it gives them a huge boost in profit margins. Namely it doesn't cost them anything extra and they get another $10k-$12k depending upon when you ordered.

We still haven't understood the upfront FSD when it isn't fully available in Florida.

I ordered on March 2nd and took delivery June 4th. I had MSM, black, no tow, with FSD. My delivery dates kept getting pushed, narrowed to 2 week window, then out of the blue on June 1st I got an email to schedule delivery right away. Only two options were Saturday and Sunday. I took Saturday. The performance models are priority but I don’t know FSD helps with performance models. Added FSD after placing order and it didn’t change my EDD at all. I was supposed to get deliver early May.

Expired trade in offers can delay the order. You have to login and renew it and the same thing with financing. With financing your better off choosing cash until you get closer to delivery.

It is totally possible you will get an email out of the blue that it’s time to schedule delivery and Tesla wants your money.

My trade in details have been pending in the app since SA reached out a month ago to ask me to load in the details (I had a two week window at that point).. Then my EDD was pushed out to now July 19-Aug 16, and my trade in still says pending. If they email yiu to schedule the delivery, is it also updated in the app? How long after yiu receive a VIN do yiu have until delivery. And do they give you 4-5 days to choose from for delivery?order date April 19. MYP MSM , black interior.

My trade in details have been pending in the app since SA reached out a month ago to ask me to load in the details (I had a two week window at that point).. Then my EDD was pushed out to now July 19-Aug 16, and my trade in still says pending. If they email yiu to schedule the delivery, is it also updated in the app? How long after yiu receive a VIN do yiu have until delivery. And do they give you 4-5 days to choose from for delivery?order date April 19. MYP MSM , black interior.
Unfortunately adding trade-in and financing before you have a VIN can cause complications.

The two week window, from my own experience and what I have seen others report means very little other than your moving up in the queue for delivery.

Delivery is not assured until you have been assigned a VIN. Once you have a VIN you should get delivery within two weeks (not guaranteed) and so it’s safe to add trade and start financing.

Now with all that said and to complicate things further my VIN came out of nowhere on June 1st and I was told to schedule delivery immediately and only given two options for June 4 and 5.

It’s very difficult to set everything up for a smooth transaction. Delivery timing when you place your order can be way different by the time you move up the production queue. For me as an example VIN to delivery was about 2 months when I ordered on 3/2 but by the time I took delivery it was 3 months.

It’s very frustrating.

Reactions: PinkWarrior
Unfortunately adding trade-in and financing before you have a VIN can cause complications.

The two week window, from my own experience and what I have seen others report means very little other than your moving up in the queue for delivery.

Delivery is not assured until you have been assigned a VIN. Once you have a VIN you should get delivery within two weeks (not guaranteed) and so it’s safe to add trade and start financing.

Now with all that said and to complicate things further my VIN came out of nowhere on June 1st and I was told to schedule delivery immediately and only given two options for June 4 and 5.

It’s very difficult to set everything up for a smooth transaction. Delivery timing when you place your order can be way different by the time you move up the production queue. For me as an example VIN to delivery was about 2 months when I ordered on 3/2 but by the time I took delivery it was 3 months.

It’s very frustrating.
Ok. Thanks. It’s frustrating because the SA is the one that texted me and talked me in to adding it!!

Ok folks, EDD changed again, to july 29 - August 26th. but my trade in expires july 17th not sure if i reject the trade in or re submit the mileage as last time i did it took them 1 week to update it in the app.