Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Pickup - New Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up MY yesterday. There was some condensation inside the pillar on the driver-side above where the camera is. And there was some alignment issues (very minor). Anyways, they had a service tech check both of them and said they were both normal. Not too big of a deal. My only options were to take the car or wait 2-3 months for a new one.

Anyways, got home and have been receiving a Notification on the App every-time after I drive the car, "windows have been left open". I verified each time the windows were closed. I also tried to close them on the app and got an error. The only difference between at home and dealership is the MY updated to 2020.48.10.1.

Also, where would the documentation be that I received from Supercharging for a year? I was told that by a rep and have an email from them, but don't see in on my account.

So far, the MY is very nice, much much much different then my M3. The M3 is a sportswear, the MY is more practical and everyday use. I am happy with my decision! Thanks for all the help on this forum!

Picked up MY yesterday. There was some condensation inside the pillar on the driver-side above where the camera is. And there was some alignment issues (very minor). Anyways, they had a service tech check both of them and said they were both normal. Not too big of a deal. My only options were to take the car or wait 2-3 months for a new one.

Anyways, got home and have been receiving a Notification on the App every-time after I drive the car, "windows have been left open". I verified each time the windows were closed. I also tried to close them on the app and got an error. The only difference between at home and dealership is the MY updated to 2020.48.10.1.

Also, where would the documentation be that I received from Supercharging for a year? I was told that by a rep and have an email from them, but don't see in on my account.

So far, the MY is very nice, much much much different then my M3. The M3 is a sportswear, the MY is more practical and everyday use. I am happy with my decision! Thanks for all the help on this forum!
Try calibrating the power window actuators.

I've seen comments that you need to hold the window button in the down and up positions for 5 seconds, 15 seconds, even 30 seconds so who knows. Generally the instructions are to use the driver's window control to lower the window, hold, then raise the window, hold, finally lower the window and hold.

About to leave to pick mine up, Vin#89xxx, a little nervous, from the Tampa Distribution Center. You know for some reason I'm willing to be flexible on this 70k plus car. I'm a customer of Audi, Porsche and various other high end vehicles and I would never have this nervousness or attitude when picking those vehicles up. I understand with Tesla you get what you get, I'm buying the tech and the drivetrain, the customer "service" and how well the vehicle is put together I'm willing to be flexible. I know I'm not alone, maybe every Tesla customer is just a little crazy, I don't know. Anyway, my two cents, will post what I find.

Pleasantly surprised, very smooth delivery and pick up. Not perfect but very minor, the rear passenger doors are set just a little inside the sill but it is the same on both sides so I'm not going to sweat it. Tiny mark on the frunk I believe I can buff out other than that, seems very well screwed together. Turning the wheels in the facility while sitting still did produce a noise but believe this is from the 20 inch wheels on the performance pack. Smooth drive back home, oh and they had not charged it, was at 30% on pick up but happy to get it with 4 miles on the odo and finally in my possession. Overall a good experience.

2021 Model Y Black with White Interior