Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you kidding me?? 3 weeks into ownership, and with the stock price so high along with (supposed) demand, I'm certainly not happy that my MY value just took a hit that quickly. Assume anyone with a current order in will get the new pricing, right? Otherwise, I would have to think there will be a lot of cancellation and re-orders. But for those who just took LR delivery today, this has to suck.

Are you kidding me?? 3 weeks into ownership, and with the stock price so high along with (supposed) demand, I'm certainly not happy that my MY value just took a hit that quickly. Assume anyone with a current order in will get the new pricing, right? Otherwise, I would have to think there will be a lot of cancellation and re-orders. But for those who just took LR delivery today, this has to suck.

They did the same with all the cars so its nothing new, always expect tesla to drop the price or add new hardware anytime, it kinda sucks but its what they do

For those in the 7-day return window; they’ll probably honor it to keep the sale

Reactions: Hawkstrike
looks like performance is only 1k
What looks like happened is base price went down 3k but performance price went up 2k, hence only a 1k difference. In essence performance upgrade is now 10k over AWD LR price. I'm considering changing my order back to LR, since the only reason I placed Performance order was when it was 8k with free Inductions. In essence, Inductions are not free anymore, since the upgrade went up 2k.

Very few retailers offer price guarantees nowadays. That includes Costco. Tesla has the right to reduce prices without retroactively applying those decreases to prior owners. Just like every other car manufacturer, who do likewise as a matter of routine.

Just bad luck for some, but totally predictable.
MSRP changes happen almost exclusively during new model year rollouts for standard manufacturers. No need to try to compare an apple to an orange here.

Reactions: Kelr316
MSRP changes happen almost exclusively during new model year rollouts for standard manufacturers. No need to try to compare an apple to an orange here.

Huh? So now Tesla has new model years? Why does the timing of MSRP changes matter? The fact is, they all do it, and have since the Model T. Some folks here think this is just a Tesla thing.

BTW, I've seen plenty of ICE MSRP changes in the middle of the model year, except they masquerade as "manufacturer's sale".

Huh? So now Tesla has new model years? Why does the timing of MSRP changes matter? The fact is, they all do it, and have since the Model T. Some folks here think this is just a Tesla thing.

BTW, I've seen plenty of ICE MSRP changes in the middle of the model year, except they masquerade as "manufacturer's sale".
A sale is, by definition, not an MSRP change. See, the “M” in MSRP stands for “Manufacturer,” and you’re describing _dealer_ incentives. Please provide 3 examples of ICE vehicles whose MSRPs were decreased by more than 5% within 4 months of release. I’ll wait.

Just kidding, you can’t name them because they don’t exist. Like I said, no need to try to compare an apple to an orange here.

Hope this info helps someone else. We placed an order last week:
  • Performance
  • No PUP
  • Induction wheels
  • Hitch
  • Blue
  • FSD
I asked the DC about getting the $1k difference. They said no and I could either keep as is or reorder.

Keeping our order as is since it’s a bit of a unicorn now.

• Funny
Reactions: sherlockw
Hope this info helps someone else. We placed an order last week:
  • Performance
  • No PUP
  • Induction wheels
  • Hitch
  • Blue
  • FSD
I asked the DC about getting the $1k difference. They said no and I could either keep as is or reorder.

Keeping our order as is since it’s a bit of a unicorn now.
Performance + FSD had no price change. Car went down $1k, FSD went up $1k. Changes are as follows:

LRAWD: $3k
LRAWD w/FSD: $2k
Performance: $1k
Performance with FSD: $0

• Informative
Reactions: eevee-fan
Once again, the most loyal Tesla fans were gouged. I ended up returning mine a couple months back in the 7 day return window because of excessive fit/finish issues that they wouldn't agree to fix.

I think waiting for battery day may make sense. I would suck if you missed whatever they are announcing there.