Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Range reduced overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, in the past few weeks, I have noticed my Model Y is at 237mi, 80% charged, when I go to sleep. In the morning, the range is reduced to 223mi. This is quite a bit of a drop considering thecold weather conditions in the NY tri-state .

Is that a significant drop overnight? Is this due to the h m ew software Update that was released 2 weeks ago,?

It might be due to the battery cooling, or the BMS recalculating, etc, but some energy might have been used too.

Look at the energy stats from whilst the car is parked to see where the energy was used.

This screen shot for my Model X is from the energy monitor whilst the car was parked. The last time I charged was Saturday starting at midnight, to 70%, and during the day on Saturday, and then on Sunday, I the car is down to 44% as of early this morning (Monday). So the screen shot is whilst the car was parked on Saturday and Sunday and Monday from midnight to about 8 AM.

It was mostly preconditioning. The Sentry Mode usage was whilst the car was parked not at my house because I have SM turned off when the car is at my house.

72408102616__59F08E2C-D966-4557-A4F8-7155BF9F681C.jpg