Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, that IS crazy high.. In the last month (427 miles driven) I have "only" lost just over 13 miles to drains not associated with driving. Something doesn't sound right here...

We have about 1,072 miles total so far and are at 272 Wh/mi. Driving at 95% efficiency, currently.

I use Stats to track stuff. It accounts for a 15% loss for charging (actually using more kWh then indicated on the car, etc...)

Good Luck!

SS

How much time went by in those 427 miles? 13 miles is very low I think, if I left sentry mode on for half a day it would consume about 8-9 miles alone, and that's normal from what everyone else has said.

I think if I don't do anything to my car and let it sleep all day it will consume <1 mile. So it is possible to have very little drain other then driving, but you really can't do anything with your car, not even check the app or open a door more then once or twice that day.

Do you have a PUP or other version? 272 wh/m is very good :) although I will say I am still having more fun then I should, so not complaining about 300wh/m while driving. I'm guessing once I stop having so much fun (which may never happen lol) I'll probably get my PUP to 280-290wh/m.

As for charging, yeah you always end up using more then gets put into the car, electrical charging is about 95% efficient. So ~5% goes to the electron gods ;)

How much time went by in those 427 miles? 13 miles is very low I think, if I left sentry mode on for half a day it would consume about 8-9 miles alone, and that's normal from what everyone else has said.

I think if I don't do anything to my car and let it sleep all day it will consume <1 mile. So it is possible to have very little drain other then driving, but you really can't do anything with your car, not even check the app or open a door more then once or twice that day.

Do you have a PUP or other version? 272 wh/m is very good :) although I will say I am still having more fun then I should, so not complaining about 300wh/m while driving. I'm guessing once I stop having so much fun (which may never happen lol) I'll probably get my PUP to 280-290wh/m.

As for charging, yeah you always end up using more then gets put into the car, electrical charging is about 95% efficient. So ~5% goes to the electron gods ;)

Definitely not trying to get into an efficiency measuring contest with you, 'mano. I just had a similar milage figure based on the last months worth of data to share. I have a LR AWD, but that wasn't my point. Even with entropy getting involved, you're looking at almost half again as much power (430 vice 300 Wh/mi) being used on peripherals as your driving? That can't be right, even with all your stuff on, checking your status a lot, etc. Something else has to be going on...
Car has been home a majority of the time and Sentry is off there, so that's definitely had impact. But still...
Good luck figuring it out!

Definitely not trying to get into an efficiency measuring contest with you, 'mano. I just had a similar milage figure based on the last months worth of data to share. I have a LR AWD, but that wasn't my point. Even with entropy getting involved, you're looking at almost half again as much power (430 vice 300 Wh/mi) being used on peripherals as your driving? That can't be right, even with all your stuff on, checking your status a lot, etc. Something else has to be going on...
Car has been home a majority of the time and Sentry is off there, so that's definitely had impact. But still...
Good luck figuring it out!

Sorry didn't mean to come off as trying to compete or anything just trying to understand :) the number I said of 430 wh/m was what I calculated myself based off how much power I drew from the electrical grid (not what the car actually says it took) vs how many miles I drove. So it takes into account everything, time sitting, sentry, phantom drain whatever you want to call it.. I think of it as the total cost of ownership from a power perspective. My actual driving wh/m is more like 300 like I said, which is normal for most PUPs I'd say. I don't know if stats tells you how much power you pulled from the grid or not, but if you take that number and divide it by the number of miles driven (both starting on the same day to now) that would give you a total wh/m, vs the one that's just driving like the 270 number.

Reactions: empiredown