Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Passenger Windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t taken delivery yet. However, I’ve seen (too) many threads about who’s tinted what windows to what level. In my case, I will simply chat with my installer to ask “what % tint is on the rear windows” and ask they setup all door windows tint to darkest allowed in my state. The two I’ve worked with over the last ten years have been easy to work with.

Florida is more permissive IIRC about tint levels than NC. However I’m sure installers there, like here, have experience measuring and matching tint levels etc per request

Ok, so, can anyone tell me what this means? If I simply wanted to tint my front windows to "match" the rear, I'd also have to the tint the rear windows? Sorry for my ignorance, I've just casually noted many posts where posters state their intent to just tint the front windows...

Reactions: Lostthebeat
I think the colored glass distinction has to do with heat rejection, not necessarily visible light transmission. Some are tinting the rear as well, adding no to little reduction in visible light transmission, but for the heat rejection. I guess the idea is the simple colored glass that comes from factory doesn’t offer what an actual tint would at the same darkness.

Reactions: Lostthebeat