Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Retractable Cargo Bay cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our retractable cargo bay cover is live!
I would replace mine, but you are already sold out!

thank you so much!

FYI first ten orders get an immediate ship which will come to you in two weeks. I believe we have one or two more spots left!
I ordered the full set of Model Y all weather floor mats from Tesla Shields on 7/26 but haven't received any updates about when it will be shipping. It would be nice if customer service provided updates, so we understand why something is taking this long. I do like that you are providing products that reasonably priced and appear to have similar quality to some of the popular brands. Thanks

I ordered the full set of Model Y all weather floor mats from Tesla Shields on 7/26 but haven't received any updates about when it will be shipping. It would be nice if customer service provided updates, so we understand why something is taking this long. I do like that you are providing products that reasonably priced and appear to have similar quality to some of the popular brands. Thanks
I don’t think I received an email from you. Did you send an email to [email protected] or text/call 786-838-6897?

Reactions: gleearch
I ended up ordering the one from Tesmanian - I got all my mats from them and they've held up well for over a year now. It looks like a quality product and I like the mounts - seem well made and secure. I used their 10% discount code and got free shipping so only $144 out the door. I wasn't looking for the cheapest, just a good quality product. It appears they've only been selling it for a month or so from the reviews but they seemed genuine and all positive so there's that. Once I get it installed I'll update - thanks for all the comments and tips! :p
Install follow up: First, no pic's - looks the same as on the Tesmanian website, no issues with quality of the unit received. Install was easy. Just a couple of pointers to save some hassle:

1) Order adhesion promoter 5-7 days out if you can't find locally. I found only one NAPA store in Tucson who stocked it so I just picked it up rather than wait. Every place I found it online had to have it shipped in. Tucson is a pretty good sized city so I was suprised. I purchased 4 ea. foil packed pads as I was unsure of how far it would go but would have gotten by with 2 just fine. One small alcohol pad sized one was included but it wouldn't have prepped the surfaces to my satisfaction.
2) Clean the mounting surfaces with alcohol first before using the adhesion promoter. Is this step needed? Maybe not but surface prep is always key to a good bond so I recommend it.
3) As jcanoe mentioned test fit the mounts first and mark with painters tape. This will help with positioning because once you press down I expect it will be tough to remove and redo - might mess up the tape too. The guy on the Tesmanian video repositioned his but he didn't use adhesion promoter.

Do it right the first time and I think you'll be very happy with the results - I think it's a well designed unit :).

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
When using the adhesion promoter, how easy is it to remove later if you need/want to?
It will make it harder to separate the mounts from the interior of course and then MEK or acetone will be needed to clean the surface. In my limited experience it just takes a bit of work. I just don’t want my mounts coming loose in the heat plus I don’t plan on removing them.

FYI, if you want a nicer handle with a flap to better conceal your cargo, the VW Sportwagen handle takes about 2 minutes to install and costs $10.
20220930_140014.jpg