Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Retractable Cargo Bay cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Picked up this cover yesterday, easy to install and works great. Keeps you items hidden from view.
18E99FF7-F5F7-42B1-9217-7D2BBDBA0866.jpeg

312BAAC2-E96E-4111-843B-C169928DC103.jpeg
188EFAFB-6365-4AB8-B4CE-F8D0611CB84E.jpeg

Yes, The seats do recline to the full rear position and just touches the bar. Will take pictures of that later. This is built solid and looks really good. From the rear view mirror view you can’t even see that it’s fully extended but it is. I purchased it from RPM-Tesla and I picked it up since it was only a 1.5 hour drive north of San Diego, Mark gives 20% off for locals and you save $20.00 on shipping by picking it up yourself. I believe I paid $209.00 with tax and all.

Fred

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Seeing that adhesion promotor before in cheap chinese amazon accessories, I assume RPM purchased these from one of the numerous manufactures in China. They are all over eBay and aliexpress for about $50-60 cheaper. Reason I ordered from one of those sites is due to the poor reviews from RPM with shipping times. Just an FYI.
Interesting. I have a cover in my 2010 Subaru and am looking at adding one to my Y. What has been your experience with the eBay vendors, quality wise?

I have this exact cover and what I will say is that it doesn’t stay in place when it gets too hot. We had 100 degree weather and the back holders came undone. I will research other adhesives and try again.
Did you follow the surface preparation and installation instructions as shown in the video? I just ordered the Basenor version of the roll up cargo cover from Amazon.

Did you follow the surface preparation and installation instructions as shown in the video? I just ordered the Basenor version of the roll up cargo cover from Amazon.
Yes I did. The back pieces were sliding down the back of the vehicle. As I said, I will find some adhesive used for plastics and reinstall using one of my "Third Hands" to hold in place over night. It's a very nice cover but just didn't stay in place. And with this 112 degree weather we're having now in Portland, I think I'll wait for a bit of a cool dow.

Yes I did. The back pieces were sliding down the back of the vehicle. As I said, I will find some adhesive used for plastics and reinstall using one of my "Third Hands" to hold in place over night. It's a very nice cover but just didn't stay in place. And with this 112 degree weather we're having now in Portland, I think I'll wait for a bit of a cool dow.
Good to know; thanks. I think the roller shade mechanism helps to press the front supports with the pressure activated adhesive against the trim by the seat belt mechanism. My Basenor roller shade is due to arrive by the end of this week. I will install it when it is not too warm, wait before attaching the shade to the back pieces that hold the shade open.

Here at TeslaShields, our design team spent the last 6 months designing our cargo bay covers. I am happy to announce that we finally competed our first working sample and is now available for pre order for $139

you can see how they look here:

Thank you for your time,
Jason
Co-founder

Reactions: M-S-M and Sabercoug
Here at TeslaShields, our design team spent the last 6 months designing our cargo bay covers. I am happy to announce that we finally competed our first working sample and is now available for pre order for $139

you can see how they look here:

Thank you for your time,
Jason
Co-founder
This looks a little different from the one everyone else is selling. I'd be interested to hear your comments, but the fact is I already took the plunge on the pre-order!

Looking forward to it, and I hope it comes not too long after my Y. I guess both delivery dates are kind of uncertain at this point...

Also I wish you the best of luck with your early-life business (ad)venture!

This looks a little different from the one everyone else is selling. I'd be interested to hear your comments, but the fact is I already took the plunge on the pre-order!

Looking forward to it, and I hope it comes not too long after my Y. I guess both delivery dates are kind of uncertain at this point...

Also I wish you the best of luck with your early-life business (ad)venture!
Let me know your order number and I can get you a final sample.