Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD sound system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi again and sorry to mess up your forum with (probably) dumb questions.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on MYRWD. I'd love the P but I'm pushing 78 and not really a rev-head any more LOL.
I currently drive a 2017 Benz E Class and it has many of the driving features of the Tesla's (semi autonomous drive etc) although being 6 years old I'm sure it's way inferior to the Tesla's. I almost bought an S when I bought the Benz but was put off by the complaints of build quality at the time. I understand build quality from Giga Shanghai is ver good... correct?

I've watched many videos on Tesla features over the past 6 months and sometimes they don't fully answer my questions (I am a pedantic bugger). So our Benz has a wonderful Burmiester sound system and I was wondering if the YRWD has the same audio system as the YP? I understand the YP system is awesome.
Thanks in advance.
I had an EQA with the Burmiester sound system and the Model Y is better, particularly if you stream Tidal. Spotify is lo-fi in comparison.

I went there but they charge a mint for the better quality music. Worth it?
Been an audiophile and worked in many recording studios with sound engineering all my life. When it comes to a quality source and faithful sound reproduction many people wouldn't know what to listen for and lossy mp3's sound just fine to them - and that's ok. If you never listened to the Bermester sound system in your merc with a high quality source material you missed something. Considering the inherent limitations in providing quality sound in a car environment, Tesla's premium sound system is very good. For an included option in a standard Model Y its a very good system. It's just limited as is by Spotify's lossy streaming if that's all you have. Most car audio systems have post processing to try and enhance the sound for reduced cost and Tesla's no different with the immersive sound slider . Still, $23.99/m for Tidal is good value for some people- particularly if you have a real sound system at home and enjoy evenings listening to music...

Last edited:
Been an audiophile and worked in many recording studios with sound engineering all my life. When it comes to a quality source and faithful sound reproduction many people wouldn't know what to listen for and lossy mp3's sound just fine to them - and that's ok. If you never listened to the Bermester sound system in your merc with a high quality source material you missed something. Considering the inherent limitations in providing quality sound in a car environment, Tesla's premium sound system is very good. For an included option in a standard Model Y its a very good system. It's just limited as is by Spotify's lossy streaming if that's all you have. Most car audio systems have post processing to try and enhance the sound for reduced cost and Tesla's no different with the immersive sound slider . Still, $23.99/m for Tidal is good value for some people- particularly if you have a real sound system at home and enjoy evenings listening to music...
I agree, there's no way I'd pay $24/month for music predominantly in the car. I'm old now and I spent many years agonising over hi-fi gear with huge intrusive speakers and boxes everywhere. We've now settled on a Sonos system throughout the house and it's just fine. Not hi-fi but convenient, minimalist, tidy and it sounds okay.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Not BS

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Power Hungry
do they allow signup via vpn
Honestly I genuinely was in Argentina but can't remember whether it was there i signed up for it or I used a VPN. It was before covid which seems like a lifetime ago.

My comment assumed a VPN user would get the same experience. I've just learned that's it's widely known and that ozbargain link [Zombie] shared seems quite active.

Reactions: Power Hungry

I'm also an audiophile, musician, doing also a bit of recording and sound engineering (personal, home stuff, more from a musician perspective) and I really appreciate a clean, quite linear, good sounding car with punchy, tight, clear bass. I had a 2010 BMW 5 series loaded with top sound system, was H&K although not visibly branded at the time, 600W DSP, lots of speakers, low freqs under the front seats. Was the best listening experience I ever had in a car and one of the best all times. And this is where I am asking how do Teslas compare? How bad is the standard system compared to premium? Did you every had a chance to compare as an experienced professional? For me is really hard, not having a nearby showroom and I intend to buy a Tesla Model 3 soon..
And how happy are you with the premium system compared to other cars, how would you rate it?