Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y software meltdown update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after having my Y display two pages of “disabled “ items including power steering, the service dept said it was the ACU harness . I asked the service desk person what that is and his reply was “ I’ve only been here a few days, I have no idea”. The odd thing is after a couple of days before bringing it in for service, it cleared up. Very little issues with this car and I’m still very happy with it.

I'm very interested in this post, your experience, and what anyone else can add. I had this happen just this morning on my Model Y. Lost ABS, power steering, traction control, and a lot of other things. Car still drives, but it takes considerably more effort. I definitely won't be going back out in this blizzard in it, that's for sure.

I'm very interested in this post, your experience, and what anyone else can add. I had this happen just this morning on my Model Y. Lost ABS, power steering, traction control, and a lot of other things. Car still drives, but it takes considerably more effort. I definitely won't be going back out in this blizzard in it, that's for sure.

This exact same thing happened to both my Y and my parents' Y within the last day or two. They assumed it was because of the abnormally cold temperatures, but I know for a fact I drove my old 3 in colder temps earlier this year without losing ABS, power steering, etc, and obviously people up further north have been driving these vehicles in significantly colder weather for years now. I'm wondering if this is just a bug or unintended consequence of some BMS tuning they've done in a recent update? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: lawmangr
This exact same thing happened to both my Y and my parents' Y within the last day or two. They assumed it was because of the abnormally cold temperatures, but I know for a fact I drove my old 3 in colder temps earlier this year without losing ABS, power steering, etc, and obviously people up further north have been driving these vehicles in significantly colder weather for years now. I'm wondering if this is just a bug or unintended consequence of some BMS tuning they've done in a recent update? 🤷‍♂️
Good question. I'm wondering if it has to do with all the snow getting caked in my wheels and wheel wells. It is so cold that it doesn't come out - I have to knock it out with my hand. I reached out to someone I know who used to be a Tesla technician and he said the error codes (in service mode) show it being a right rear wheel speed sensor. That explains the ABS, steering, etc. But I can't figure out why my GPS also is not working. I have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.