Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tire Orders from TSportline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I ordered a set of winter tires for my MY back in mid November from Tsportline.

These were a pre-order set with delivery estimated for early December. Well...it’s now the end of December, I have no tires, and the weather where I live is in full blown winter mode.

Has anyone else who ordered from them recently received a shipping notice? I’m starting to get concerned.

Odd. I ordered the first week of December and received them yesterday. I got the TS5 in Matte Black and 19" for the Y.

Edit: I only ordered wheels, no tires. Did you order both, or just tires from them? Hard to tell based on the title thread.

They had a big shipment that was delayed, but now I believe they have a lot of wheels in stock and you can get them fairly quickly at this point if so.

I originally ordered the TS5 20" in matte black, and also got an end of December timeframe after I asked them about it. I actually switched to a TY115 forged wheel, which I got much earlier because it was going to be made here I guess? It came early December with the Michelin X-ICE Snow. I haven't put them on yet, because... well I'm in San Francisco. Hoping to get to the mountains in a few weeks though!

Update:
I guess they had TPMS sourcing issues. Wheels are expected to be shipping soon.

I wish they had been more pro-active about the communication. Frankly, I would have sourced them someplace else if I knew it was going to take a month to ship them out, let alone deliver them.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered the TS5 tire/wheel package 30 Nov. Still nothing. Every time i send an email for an update, the response is "it'll ship next week".... same response the last 3 weeks.

I did get an email saying they're preparing for shipping....5 days ago. But no movement since then. I'm starting to think i should've looked elsewhere. I need my damn wheels and tires.

Anyway, I agree, they need to better communicate delays other than "it'll ship next week"

Last edited:
I called them in October, knowing they were short stock on tires and TPMS, with a focused question about running the nearly new 19" Nokians I was taking off my Model S on their narrower 19" wheels they sell for the Model 3. Specifically whether there would be clearance issues with the brake rotors, and whether the load ratings for the wheels themselves were in fact the same as the site says (Tesla's for the OEM wheels are not).

Whoever I talked to spewed a bunch of very emphatic but technically questionable stuff about how it would be unsafe to run the take-off Hakkas from my MS on any width wheel on my new MY, got himself even further wound up when I tried to ask the second question about load rating and almost angrily announced that since I'd told him I wanted to fit them to a Y they would not sell me their 19" M3 wheels at any price.

Well, OK. I found another solution to the problem and TSportline doesn't get my $2,500. Life goes on. But things like this teach me what companies not to deal with.